Ann Coulter Speech Canceled at UC Berkeley Again Amid Fears For Safety

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I am all for letting Ann speak on any subject she wants, anywhere she wants as long as I have the right to rub her face in what she spews.

Reactions: Thebobo

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
I did not say disagreement. I said intolerant speech.

If you advocate for the subjugation or marginalization of a people due to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc in front of me, I will tell you to shut the fuck up and I've done it before. I do not tolerate hate, bigotry and prejudice bullying in my presence. And no one ever should. It is a direct threat to, and violation of the human rights of others.

What a paladin you are.

It's rarely that simple or that cut-and-dried. The only people who will be that blatant will be the Westborough Baptist Church people.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What a paladin you are.

It's rarely that simple or that cut-and-dried. The only people who will be that blatant will be the Westborough Baptist Church people.

And Anne Coulter, of course.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Ann Coulter.

One person in a direct line from McCarthyism.

McCarthy -> Roy Cohn -> Strongman Trump

Please proceed, right-wing authoritarians.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Not to mention that said companies don't have to pay the high school kids as much as a college grad.

Perhaps, but good talent will make good money. I know a 19 year old kid who got hired at Facebook last year and was offered over $3 million/year. He didn't even have a high school diploma. If you are 150+ IQ teenager with good coding instincts and examples of high quality results you are going to make big bucks regardless of accreditation.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It's kind of interesting in a way, because a lot of moderates and left of center folks who've also gotten protested for not being far left enough at these campuses and got assaulted by the mob didn't have the foresight of these far right folks to bring their own army, which is something they are going to need to resort to unless they want the entire university system ceded to the far left.

On the flip side, these far left folks are basically all Humanities students with no job prospects, so maybe they should get their safe space to riot. Companies in tech and engineering are already hiring straight out of high school as they've realized college isn't that useful a proxy for intelligence anymore, so they've started to dispense the pretense.

Not to mention that said companies don't have to pay the high school kids as much as a college grad.

Perhaps, but good talent will make good money. I know a 19 year old kid who got hired at Facebook last year and was offered over $3 million/year. He didn't even have a high school diploma. If you are 150+ IQ teenager with good coding instincts and examples of high quality results you are going to make big bucks regardless of accreditation.

Hilarious when people try to talk shit about things they're obvious unfamiliar with.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Hilarious when people try to talk shit about things they're obvious unfamiliar with.

Yes, I laugh at your posts daily. Some salaries are set by the job description. But many companies (especially larger ones) have HR guidelines on salary structure, which take into account education, years of experience, and the job description. I've interviewed people and had input as to who would get hired and been on interviewee side, so yes I do know something of what I'm talking about.

But you couldn't care less what others say, little troll. Enjoy your ignorant life.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I won't disagree with that, but you're talking about the exception to the rule here. A 150+ IQ is over 3 standard deviations above the mean. :)

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Yes, I laugh at your posts daily. Some salaries are set by the job description. But many companies (especially larger ones) have HR guidelines on salary structure, which take into account education, years of experience, and the job description. I've interviewed people and had input as to who would get hired and been on interviewee side, so yes I do know something of what I'm talking about.

But you couldn't care less what others say, little troll. Enjoy your ignorant life.
I won't disagree with that, but you're talking about the exception to the rule here. A 150+ IQ is over 3 standard deviations above the mean. :)

Hardly a smart move to brag you were just pretending to be as dumb as alcoholbob; then go straight back to drolling right after.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
It would be interesting if the Antifa did a "kill them with kindness" sort of thing where they acted like high empathy concerned people and basically gas-lighted the alt-right.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Obama should make a half hearted attempt to set up a speech in some ultra deep red area in the South then when he gets a violent reaction, do a spot on MSNBC talking about how he had to cancel because of how violent the people were. Could milk it a ton like Fox is with this, and sell a boat load of books to boot.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

I asked you not to mention me! Jerk.