Ann Coulter attacks Cleland, says he is no Hero as he blew himself up in Vietnam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Of course it fails to mention that these neo-conservatives are all about big goverment and goverment spending. The major leaders and founders of this movement were all ex-liberals who believed that we needed a stronger more aggressive foriegn policy but that one should be more then happy to give more rights and powers to big goverment. They also believed that personal freedoms and privacy were things that just got in the way of creating a effecient big goverment.
Definately some were former liberals and Democrats.

Here's how I learned it

The term developed into its current usage to describe people of the conservative persuasion who were diverging from the standard conservative line as embodied by people like the late Barry Goldwater due to the influences of the Religious Right on the subject of morals (which Goldwater conservatives really didn't care about) and on the subject of the economy (supply-side is definitely not a classic conservative approach). In the late 1970s, there was a major struggle in the Republican Party between the old-school conservatives and the emerging group as described above and embodied by Reagan.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
not surprised. whats bad is that members of this board read her and trust her...well some do:p she's painful to read.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
not surprised. whats bad is that members of this board read her and trust her...well some do:p she's painful to read.

Yes, she is.

It's funny because many of the same people who roll their eyes at conspiracy theorists will lap up her every word regarding the "liberal conspiracy".

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum

Yes, she is.

It's funny because many of the same people who roll their eyes at conspiracy theorists will lap up her every word regarding the "liberal conspiracy".

What is equally pathetic is the number of people here who think that fat fsck Michael Moore is some kind of hero. Where was all this outrage when he called the President a deserter? Oh that's right he was talking about Pres. Bush so he get's a pass. Hypocrites.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
this is a complete repost - howcome the Mods who seem to lock plenty of posts related to Kerry, aren't locking this one?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
this is a complete repost - howcome the Mods who seem to lock plenty of posts related to Kerry, aren't locking this one?

Link?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

Yes, she is.

What is equally pathetic is the number of people here who think that fat fsck Michael Moore is some kind of hero. Where was all this outrage when he called the President a deserter? Oh that's right he was talking about Pres. Bush so he get's a pass. Hypocrites.

I don't care for Moore.

That said, when did Bush lose limbs in the defense of his country? When Bush loses body parts in Iraq, and Moore picks on him, then I will feel bad.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith

Yes, she is.

I don't care for Moore.

That said, when did Bush lose limbs in the defense of his country? When Bush loses body parts in Iraq, and Moore picks on him, then I will feel bad.

Thanks for proving my point.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Yes, she is.

I don't care for Moore.

No problem.

Obviously Bush suffered as much as any other vet. Congrats on your perception.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

Yes, she is.

I don't care for Moore.

No problem.

Being called a deserter is a very serious charge. In time of war it brings the death penalty. Congrats on being a hypocrite.

Sternfan

May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Aegion
Originally posted by: Romans828
Originally posted by: Dari
That's a terrible thing to say. That b!tched needs to be muzzled.

So much for the liberal "free speech " rhetoric

Free speech only if you agree with us.........
Actually this is presumably slander, and therefore makes Clouter liable for civil penalties as well as criminal ones in some states. If Celand wants to pursue this, all he needs to do is demonstrate that Clouter's statement is false and she knew the statement was likely to be false when she made it in order to go after her.

But what happens if it is true? Should we still demand that she should shut up? And if its true that he was drinking with his buddies and blew himself up should that not be known.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Looks like they let coulter out of the psychiatric ward again :disgust:
rolleye.gif

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Sternfan
Originally posted by: Aegion

Actually this is presumably slander, and therefore makes Clouter liable for civil penalties as well as criminal ones in some states. If Celand wants to pursue this, all he needs to do is demonstrate that Clouter's statement is false and she knew the statement was likely to be false when she made it in order to go after her.

But what happens if it is true? Should we still demand that she should shut up? And if its true that he was drinking with his buddies and blew himself up should that not be known.

Huh?

No, of course not. But she made a statement that IS tantamount to slander, unless she can back it up with facts.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I believe that she was one of the first ones to label all that is ALL democrats trators and members of this board picked right up on that along with rush limberdick and sean hannnity.

Bleep

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Yes, she is.

I don't care for Moore.

No problem.

Being called a deserter is a very serious charge. In time of war it brings the death penalty. Congrats on being a hypocrite.

I have issues with Bush for what he does while in office.

Find any thread where I called Bush a deserter. For that matter find where I give it much weight. Find one where I said I liked Moore. I think he is a nut. Find a thread where I care if Bush used cocaine, or had an alcohol problem. Find a thread where I even bothered to post a comment about the current "abortion" allegations.

Have fun searching.

I await your exposing my hypocracy.

If someone wants to pick on Cleland for cause fine. Want to belittle a man who lost limbs to a grenade in the line of duty? I am going to say something if you like it or not. If others want to go after Bush it is their business. If he suffers injury as a result of his war service and they try to blow it off, then I will say something about it.

If you can't see the difference, then I can't help that.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: SNC
Yes we should silence any one that we disagree with, or says things that are off the wall.
The nerve of some people to speak there mind. But what will you do if it turns out to be true?

Originally posted by: Sternfan

Did you guys actually bother to read the article the OP linked to? If that's too taxing on your minds, I'll just copy and paste:

In fact, Cleland was wounded picking up a grenade that someone else dropped, during what he says was a combat mission.

?I volunteered for a combat mission with the 1st Air Calvary division going into break the siege at Khe Sahn, and if that isn?t a combat mission, you ought to ask some of the people that were there and the 200 guys that were killed in that mission.?

See, this is how thinking for yourself works:

1) You read various differing sources on a topic.
2) Then, you can form what we adults call an "informed conclusion" as to what really happened.

Now I can't claim to know exactly what happened to Cleland in Vietnam. But I'm inclined to believe the word of the man who lost his limbs over the word of a conservative shock pundit who makes money off writing and saying controversial and ridiculous things. Also nowhere in Coulter's column does she cite her sources.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Dari is the farthest thing from a liberal.

It's given that everyone but her most fanatical followers knows Coulter is crazy.

Romans828

Banned
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

It's given that everyone but her most fanatical followers knows Coulter is crazy.

I must apologize to Dari.

Its just I am new here so its hard to recognize who is who.........

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz

I must apologize to Dari.

Its just I am new here so its hard to recognize who is who.........

Why should you apologize? Now that you know Dari is not a liberal, his statement has merit? The same words are true if he is a conservative, and worth a snappy comment if made by a liberal?

Curious philosophy.

Romans828

Banned
Feb 14, 2004
Why should you apologize? Now that you know Dari is not a liberal, his statement has merit? The same words are true if he is a conservative, and worth a snappy comment if made by a liberal?

Thats not what I meant. I would not have "labeled" Dari of being a liberal based upon that particular remark alone.

I still find it amusing who's free speech we chose to tolerates and who's we don't.

I may be a right wing radical Bible thumper, but I will defend your right to say what you want. Freedom of speech must apply in all directions.

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Originally posted by: josphII
she must be right on point to have all you liberals speaking ill of her

Here's a big hint ! Not everyone here is a liberal.

REALLY??!!

10:1 ratio in this thread me thinks

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Actually, I think it's the liberals you should apologize to. Dari.......blech! ;)