Animatrix out today! Who's buying it??

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
I've had my copy pre-purchased for a month now...
free after rebate when purchased with Enter The Matrix, at EB!

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I'll buy it when I know that I'll have a job in a month. But right now unneccesary expenditures are pretty much not happening. (parent company is in bankruptcy)

I have seen it, and it's definately worth it though.

Joyride

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
The best of both worlds, Matrix and Anime, I am so going to buy it this week

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I bought it and watched it this afternoon. It was pretty good. I especially liked "The Second Renaissance".

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Moralpanic
Too bad the entire movie wasn't done in CGI like Flight of the Osiris

This is true. I thought there would be more CGI than that. There are bits and pieces in the others, but not a whole lot.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Yup I picked up my copy. I really really like the dvd. The menu is a little annoying when you go to the shorts menu the titles just keep going.

Some comments & possible spoilers:

Final Flight of the Osiris- seemed like the people that created the FF movie did this.
The Second Renaissance Parts I & II- pretty cool there was the Tianimen Square re-make in one scene
Kid's Story- reminded me of an old 80s music video because of the way it was animated... can't think of the name :(
Program- it bleeds Ninja Scroll and some character design likeness to Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
World Record- likeness in character design in Ninja Scroll and Bloodlust
Beyond- reminds me of the more recent styling of anime.
A Detective Story- very cool loved the black and white
Matriculated- alright reminded me of Aeon Flux which imho wasnt good

benliong

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2000
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
rental. i'll save my money for reloaded dvd coming out soon.

I personally like all the 9 shorts better than reloaded. Just finished watching it. Even if I'd watched 4 of the episodes before, I still like the quality of these stories, and enjoyed the different but equally great styles of animation.

I especially like Kid's story and detective story. Kid's story's style is crazy.