Anencephalic born in Nepal.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Meuge
Originally posted by: kogase
Jesus damn!

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephalic

Basically these babies can neither think nor feel, and are therefore only human genetically.

In the United States, approximately 1,000 to 2,000 babies are born with anencephaly each year.

About 95% of women who learn that they will have an anencephalic baby choose to have an abortion.

Of the remaining 5%, about 55% are stillborn. The rest usually live only a few hours or days.
Yes, but according to the fundies, their mothers must endure the pregnancy to the end, give birth, and be permanently traumatized by what they just gave birth to.
Many of the women in South Dakota that may get this condition will have to see this horror but they get what they deserve by supporting the Fundies that control their State government.

Or they can simply walk across the state line and get on in surrounding ND, NE, MN, or WY.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Doesen't take a lot of "brainpower" to put 2 and 2 together, A country nearby littered with depleted uranium and unusual genetic birth defects..hmmm

There is nothing that suggests the occurance of anencephaly is any higher per capita in Nepal than it is anywhere else in the world.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ntdz
Gross.

I blame this on Bush.
Not that gross. Follow up on what steeplerot is saying, and you will find gross.

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
depleted uranium ftl

Leave it upto Rot to try and connect the dots!

A Lot of people have been talking about birth defects on the rise becasue of DU and chernobyl plant accident, Anencephalic birth defects being one of the signs of such, leave it to you to immediately jump to the defense of poisoning all of us with this crap.

Let me guess, agent orange was just a tasty salad dressing brought to our soldiers and civilians in vietnam by our almighty military too?

There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that DU creates mutations, it is very clear that the surge in deformed babies after the first gulf war was because of DU.
How it would get to what i would a imagine is a small village in Nepal, i cannot imagine.

[edit] Birth defects in Iraq that is!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Forsythe
depleted uranium ftl

A Lot of people have been talking about birth defects on the rise becasue of DU and chernobyl plant accident, Anencephalic birth defects being one of the signs of such, leave it to you to immediately jump to the defense of poisoning all of us with this crap.

Let me guess, agent orange was just a tasty salad dressing brought to our soldiers and civilians in vietnam by our almighty military too?

There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that DU creates mutations, it is very clear that the surge in deformed babies after the first gulf war was because of DU.
How it would get to what i would a imagine is a small village in Nepal, i cannot imagine.

Oh jesus do we have to bring up the UN studies on DU in the gulf region again?

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
depleted uranium ftl

Wait, I thought UN was a good for nothing bunch of terrorist lackeys and war profiteers? :laugh:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
depleted uranium ftl

Wait, I thought UN was a good for nothing bunch of terrorist lackeys and war profiteers? :laugh:
they are. this doesnt change that.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Jesus damn!

Basically these babies can neither think nor feel, and are therefore only human genetically.

In the United States, approximately 1,000 to 2,000 babies are born with anencephaly each year.

About 95% of women who learn that they will have an anencephalic baby choose to have an abortion.

Of the remaining 5%, about 55% are stillborn. The rest usually live only a few hours or days.
Yes, but according to the fundies, their mothers must endure the pregnancy to the end, give birth, and be permanently traumatized by what they just gave birth to.
Many of the women in South Dakota that may get this condition will have to see this horror but they get what they deserve by supporting the Fundies that control their State government.

Or they can simply walk across the state line and get on in surrounding ND, NE, MN, or WY.

The people in SD are in BIG trouble if they have to depend on ND, NE, or WY for appropriate healthcare. I think some retired OB/GYN for MN has been flying in to SD to provide abortions.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
Jesus damn!

The people in SD are in BIG trouble if they have to depend on ND, NE, or WY for appropriate healthcare. I think some retired OB/GYN for MN has been flying in to SD to provide abortions.

She has, she is on a rotation with 3 other doctors who fly out to Sioux City from Minneapolis.

Meuge

Banned
Nov 27, 2005
depleted uranium ftl

And you're a moron.

The total quantity of radioactive material released (/) area and (-) whatever has a short halflife and has already degraded (=) not much above background.

Case closed. You lose.

We're not talking about 20 miles around Chernobyl (that's going to be contaminated for awhile)... and DU is expensive and not very radioactive.

Please, leave the bullshit for your anti-nuclear-power threads.