Anecdotal Evidence - Trump Voters Happy with Him

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
  • This was a sample size of one, one of my brothers. He came to my son's hockey game last night.

Here is what I got from him.

1. He is VERY happy with Trump's block of Islamic immigration. He sees Islamic immigration as an existential threat.
    2. He is VERY happy with Trump and the wall. He thinks illegal Mexican immigration is an existential threat.
    3. He is very happy with the Republican Tax plan. He thinks he is going to benefit some how.
    4. He wants to see Obamacare destroyed and thinks single payer would be the end of the world.
    5. He hates Iran and likes Saudi Arabia. He blames Yemen on Iran.
    6. He thinks the end of Net Neutrality is a goo thing. He doesn't really use the internet ever so this one is understandable. He has no concept of people like me who LIVE on the internet.
`

Last edited by a moderator:

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
My condolences.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Reactions: ch33zw1z

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
2. He is VERY happy with Trump and the wall.

Are you sure your brother isn't simply trolling you? Even Trump supporters know he hasn't built a wall.

Whatever happens, don't cry. You're a liberal and he wants your tears.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
This was a sample size of one, one of my brothers. He came to my son's hockey game last night.

Here is what I got from him.

1. He is VERY happy with Trump's block of Islamic immigration. He sees Islamic immigration as an existential threat.
2. He is VERY happy with Trump and the wall. He thinks illegal Mexican immigration is an existential threat.
3. He is very happy with the Republican Tax plan. He thinks he is going to benefit some how.
4. He wants to see Obamacare destroyed and thinks single payer would be the end of the world.
5. He hates Iran and likes Saudi Arabia. He blames Yemen on Iran.
6. He thinks the end of Net Neutrality is a goo thing. He doesn't really use the internet ever so this one is understandable. He has no concept of people like me who LIVE on the internet.

I can sum that up.

1: Bootstraps!
2: Hey, look at those "other" people, how scary!​

The current Republican ideology is one big lie covered by a distraction and/or scapegoats.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Long long ago I read somewhere that you had to have an IQ over 125 to experience existential pain. I have no idea if that is true but I am pretty sure you know what existential pain is and I am betting he does not.

The question of emotional suffering is a difficult one for me to handle. It is through suffering, I think, that people acquire character and the desire to help others who do. The odd thing about that is that while I believe all this to be true, I also don't want people to suffer. If nobody were to suffer would we all be shallow empty-headed fools? I have run into a very few examples of people full of rich inner light who seem to have never suffered. They were people of faith that manifests outwardly as love and gratitude. That raises a question for me. Why did your idiot brother come to your son's soccer game? That is a question for you might want to ans, not one I need an answer to. I notice you added that information.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
This was a sample size of one, one of my brothers. He came to my son's hockey game last night.
If you can get one of the reliable political pollers to call him a couple hundred times in a row, it might help Trump's numbers... a little anyway.;)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Long long ago I read somewhere that you had to have an IQ over 125 to experience existential pain. I have no idea if that is true but I am pretty sure you know what existential pain is and I am betting he does not.

The question of emotional suffering is a difficult one for me to handle. It is through suffering, I think, that people acquire character and the desire to help others who do. The odd thing about that is that while I believe all this to be true, I also don't want people to suffer. If nobody were to suffer would we all be shallow empty-headed fools? I have run into a very few examples of people full of rich inner light who seem to have never suffered. They were people of faith that manifests outwardly as love and gratitude. That raises a question for me. Why did your idiot brother come to your son's soccer game? That is a question for you might want to ans, not one I need an answer to. I notice you added that information.

I doubt it has anything specifically to do with what IQ measures, but I'm not surprised if there is evidence for a correlation. I remembered being tortured by this idea at maybe 12 years old, crying myself to sleep imagining how it could be possible that after life there could be such a thing as nothingness and my utter failure to approximate what it might be like in my imagination. The image of people floating upward in a void was the closest I could come. I remember praying that my family would all die at the same moment in time so that none of us would be exposed to that pain in contemplating another's non-existence.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I doubt it has anything specifically to do with what IQ measures, but I'm not surprised if there is evidence for a correlation. I remembered being tortured by this idea at maybe 12 years old, crying myself to sleep imagining how it could be possible that after life there could be such a thing as nothingness and my utter failure to approximate what it might be like in my imagination. The image of people floating upward in a void was the closest I could come. I remember praying that my family would all die at the same moment in time so that none of us would be exposed to that pain in contemplating another's non-existence.

Being naturally metacognative and having the ability and desire to live in a larger world carries a price. You learned to accommodate many perspectives but sometimes, especially when young it produces angst. That may be an asset in your field where understanding your patient would be beneficial.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
There is only actuarial solution for die hard Trump voters. But independents are bailing on him, and liberals are far more engaged than before. There is no support for the Republican agenda, they aren't even making a serious effort to peddle trickle down bullshit.
Tax cut is prime example. When Bush passed his, he had majority support, now GOP is not even bothering winning over hearts and minds, and simply ramming through a bill with 30% support.

Status
Not open for further replies.