Android HTPC

Nitrocrusher

Sep 17, 2012
Hopefully this might be the best place to ask this. I've been doing a lot of research and need some help in deciding which unit you guys might prefer. I don't need anything powerful (ie i5 with 8gb of ram, just basic stuff).

1) Equiso Smart TV Equiso Smart TV - Make your dumb tv... smart. by Equiso Smart TV — Kickstarter

2) G-Box Midnight G-Box Midnight | Android TV Box.us

or

3) G-Box Dyno (MK802 "Killer") G-Box Dyno | Android TV Box.us

Let me know what you guys think about these units. I'm not sure that I know the difference between an A5 and an A9 soc.

sathishmls

Sep 21, 2012
since the size of these sticks are small and mainly due to heat issues, the redesigned cortex-a5 soc is a better choice. Equiso has designed to go with Cortex-A5 and even AMD has chose to license Cortex-A5. Equiso has 8GB NAND storage and includes a 2 sided magic remote.

rdb4133

Feb 15, 2012
www.heatware.com
The Equiso Smart TV have started shipping and arrived to several people already. I received mine today, I'm at work so I'm just charging the remote, I'll play with it a bit more when I get home :)

felang

Feb 17, 2007
The Equiso Smart TV have started shipping and arrived to several people already. I received mine today, I'm at work so I'm just charging the remote, I'll play with it a bit more when I get home :)

I would really appreciate if you could give us your impressions/opinions

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hmm the only one I know of is the Pivos Xios, because the company partnered with XBMC. I don't know if anyone else has GPU acceleration yet (it's been awhile, so they probably do), but at XBMC's Android release, I believe the Pivos was the only GPU accelerated unit.