How To Android can't get wu also messed with settings might be mucked up

StitchExperimen

Feb 14, 2012
I tried multiple DC projects that say Android and can't get wu. Some I've thied are WCG, Moo! Wrapper, Citizen Science Grid, Rosetta@Home and GPUGRID which auto started when I used BOINCstatsBAM.
The message I get on the screen at the bottom is "Nothin to do, waiting for tasks."
Also messed with settings, might have mucked it up.
Any help would be appreciated.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 32GB
Bruce
StitchExperimen
StitchExperiment626

-

Last edited:

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
WCG:
Only OpenZika ans Smash Childhood Cancer have Android applications (help section). Both projects have almost ended; there are only a last few tasks out in the wild at this time.

Moo! Wrapper:
There is an open issue with Android (forum thread). Did they perhaps exclude Android hosts in the server-side scheduler because of this?

Citizen Science Grid:
This project has only very few tasks at the moment (boincstats). It is hard to get one even if you request continually. But they don't have an Android application in the first place.

Rosetta@Home:
There don't seem to be tasks available for the Android platform according to current server status. According to the forum, there may be occasional small batches of Android tasks.

GPUGRID:
There is no Android version among their applications. It is a CUDA-only project, besides intermittent availability of tasks for 64bit x86 CPUs.

Now this suggests the question, which other project is currently emitting work for Android devices? I haven't looked into this. Check out @Orange Kid's project list.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Galaxy Tab A 8.0: Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 (SDM429), 4x 1.95GHz (ARM Cortex-A53) + Qualcomm Adreno 504 IGP
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1: Samsung Exynos 7904, 2x 1.80GHz (ARM Cortex-A73) + 6x 1.60GHz (ARM Cortex-A53) + Mali-G71 MP2 IGP

According to a superficial web search, both come with Android 9.0 by default.

Reactions: biodoc

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Last edited:

Soulkeeper

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2001
I got several OpenZika tasks on my phone the other week, then it stopped sending more so I just gave up.
It seems they are intermittent.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Last edited:

mikeybear

Nov 24, 2019
I tried multiple DC projects that say Android and can't get wu. Some I've thied are WCG, Moo! Wrapper, Citizen Science Grid, Rosetta@Home and GPUGRID which auto started when I used BOINCstatsBAM.
The message I get on the screen at the bottom is "Nothin to do, waiting for tasks."
Also messed with settings, might have mucked it up.
Any help would be appreciated.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 32GB
Bruce
StitchExperimen
StitchExperiment626

-
Did you get it working? I've had BOINC running various World Community Grid projects on an old Lenovo tablet running Android for some years now and I've not had any new tasks on it since October 28. I haven't changed anything on the tablet. I'm getting new tasks under MacOS and Windows 10 so I know it's not my account or the projects that's are causing the issue.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
See the previous posts: WCG has no tasks for Android anymore. They are investigating possibilities to port one of their current applications to Android, but there is nothing definitive yet. Meanwhile, Einstein@home may be your best bet to receive any work on Android at all, for the time being.