Andrew Jackson was not a bad president... but did he spend too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
He's far from being the worst President, but he paid down less of the Federal debt in 8 years than JQ Adams did in 4 years. Jackson was a better President than JQ Adams, as the former got us back on hard money, he didn't favor public works projects, and because he wasn't tough on small whiskey producers, but he spent quite a bit more than his predecessor did.

The Indian Removal was expensive not just to the indigenous peoples of America, but also to the white settlers of America.

In spite of that, I think Jackson was a person of great moral character, especially compared to FDR, the other giant of democrazy and modern liberalism. While FDR cheated his wife, used at least 3k American citizens as bait, and was ultimately responsible for the genocide of more than 1mn Japanese civilians, Jackson wasn't as harsh towards the indigenous peoples as Henry Clay was and he loved his wife until death removed Jackson from this world... additionally, Jackson sincerely cared about his fellow countrymen (other than the ones he got into arguments and duels with) as is made obvious by his farewell address, his support of hard money, and his stand against central bankers.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
He's far from being the worst President, but he paid down less of the Federal debt in 8 years than JQ Adams did in 4 years. Jackson was a better President than JQ Adams, as the former got us back on hard money, he didn't favor public works projects, and because he wasn't tough on small whiskey producers, but he spent quite a bit more than his predecessor did.

The Indian Removal was expensive not just to the indigenous peoples of America, but also to the white settlers of America.

In spite of that, I think Jackson was a person of great moral character, especially compared to FDR, the other giant of democrazy and modern liberalism. While FDR cheated his wife, used at least 3k American citizens as bait, and was ultimately responsible for the genocide of more than 1mn Japanese civilians, Jackson wasn't as harsh towards the indigenous peoples as Henry Clay was and he loved his wife until death removed Jackson from this world... additionally, Jackson sincerely cared about his fellow countrymen (other than the ones he got into arguments and duels with) as is made obvious by his farewell address, his support of hard money, and his stand against central bankers.

Jackson was an economic idiot, particularly wrt "free banking" & hard money. His policies created false prosperity & precipitated a banking catastrophe, as such policies always do.

Reference the panic of 1837, America's first depression-

http://suite101.com/article/the-panic-of-1837-a51119

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Reference the panic of 1837, America's first depression-
We didn't have free banking during the GD nor a few years before and the GD lasted longer.

Also, the panic of 1837 was not America's first depression. You've apparently never heard of the panic of 1819 which wasn't under the free banking era either.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
OP is full of it . This some sort of revisionist history, Everthing OP wrote is a lie . Your source is beyonf logic , History doesn't not show this . Jackson was the only president that actually eleminated debt in his presidency and had a surplus . Revisionist ROTHSCHILD history , FACT.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=91463

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
OP is full of it . This some sort of revisionist history, Everthing OP wrote is a lie . Your source is beyonf logic , History doesn't not show this . Jackson was the only president that actually eleminated debt in his presidency and had a surplus . Revisionist ROTHSCHILD history , FACT.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=91463

I knew you were a crazy, but not a Jewish conspiracy believing crazy. D:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I knew you were a crazy, but not a Jewish conspiracy believing crazy. D:

Say what. You are kidding . Were is your proof. Show proof with real documention . Prove in history the words the OP speaks .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knf8KA5aAjw

Many many here seem to be insane with ignoring the truth . I had a lot of choices of what info to link . I choose the link that told what the man was really like . Its not my place to judge . nor yours but the OP is spreading a false truth . Jackson was far from being what I would call a good man. But i can't say he was a bad man . But bittle was EVIL and jackson stepped on him hard . JFK was killed after announced intensions to create a new american monitary system . I hope that super inflation is coming and than you kids will sing a new song with the same lies.

Last edited:

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Say what. You are kidding . Were is your proof. Show proof with real documention . Prove in history the words the OP speaks .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knf8KA5aAjw

While technically you did not endorse the allegations of that neo-Nazi website regarding Alexander Hamilton being Jewish, I have to wonder what brought you to that particular source over any other to make your argument for Jackson.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
While technically you did not endorse the allegations of that neo-Nazi website regarding Alexander Hamilton being Jewish, I have to wonder what brought you to that particular source over any other to make your argument for Jackson.

As I often do . My post wasn't complete , As I assecertained a post like your might appear and thus I explained my choice befor I seen your post . I do not believe any one source when it comes to anything.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well as for me, I spend 25 hours a day, asking why why why and why we are now so screwed up.

As it is, I don't worry too much about just Andy Jackson, just another idiot in a long line of successive idiots. I worry far more asking, would the world be better if Julius Caesar never crossed the Rubicorn river, and if Nebarkennezer never left the hanging gardens of Babylon. That is what worries me most boopsie, all of those times in human history when we had that choice to do better, and instead some idiot decided to do something stupid. Or we can ask, what a wonderful world we would have if Cain did not kill Able.

But maybe Socrates had in right here, as he blamed all the woes of the world on the younger generation. And yes ole Socrates had it right, after all the hundreds of younger generations since, each worse than the last, as each successive younger generations since have fucked everything ever since long long past the FUBAR point.

So please anarchist420, please recalibrate your thinking, as the virtues or lack of them in Andrew Jackson were really caused 3000 plus years ago. As I suggest, anarchist420, you have better things to ask, than to obsess about only American Presidents. Join me and ask the true questions about world history. Or then again, when you finally crawl out of your Mommies and daddy's basement and join the real world, you will realize your stupid questions have only nonsensical speculation answers. As we have to accept the world as it is and hope to make it a better place. We can't change the past, we can only change the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.