Andrea is a Lifelong Dick

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Andrea Dick.

She lives with Mommy in Roselle Park, N.J. and loves to adorn Mommy's home with obscene anti-Biden banners. There's a town oridnance against displaying such obscenity. She's been ordered to take the three big banners that contain obscenity down, or face daily fines. She's appealing the decision.

However:

But Thomas Healy, a law professor at Seton Hall University with expertise in constitutional issues, disagreed.

Citing a 1971 Supreme Court decision, Cohen v. California, that turned on the question of whether the same word at issue in Ms. Dick’s case was obscene, Professor Healy said the word clearly did not qualify as obscene speech in the context of the political banners.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
It seems like it may go the other way if its F biden. as the decision says that the slogan on the jacket was not directed at a person. interesting free speech case to back up this prior decision. If its the F your feelings one, she should be good to go, and i agree with the court.

I did a quick search, and after seeing many anti-trump flags of similar construction and number, i did not find many stories about them.

Jan 25, 2011
Here's the banners in question to avoid paywall.

E6mXvibWYAYtZaP

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
The neighbors across the street fly that F Biden flag. Like I said when they put it up in place of their Trump flag, I see it as progress. At least they live enough in the real world to accept that Trump isn’t president anymore. Now if they would get their outdoor cats fixed, we could probably get along great.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Here's the banners in question to avoid paywall.

E6mXvibWYAYtZaP
Lol... that's a whole lotta triggered.

Personally, I think she should be able to keep them up. Although I'm sure her neighbors don't appreciate how her temper tantrum is affecting the neighborhood, the best part of free speech IMO is how it allows people to expose their inner shithead for the whole world to see.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Agreed that she should be able to keep the banners on free speech grounds.

Let's just move past the whole "these handful of special words are obscene for totally arbitrary cultural reasons" mentality...

Honestly, fuck is used so much and in so many different contexts now that its been distilled down to the purest explicative in the history of humankind at this point. It barely retains its actual meaning in most contexts now.

Nov 8, 2012
"FREE SPEECH" *

* Only when it agrees with my narrative! In that case it becomes hate speech and should be banned!

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
It seems like it may go the other way if its F biden. as the decision says that the slogan on the jacket was not directed at a person. interesting free speech case to back up this prior decision. If its the F your feelings one, she should be good to go, and i agree with the court.

I did a quick search, and after seeing many anti-trump flags of similar construction and number, i did not find many stories about them.

I have seen zero anti-Trump flags comparable to what Trump idiots waste their money on in any of my travels.
I do not recall any type of market place comparable to what Trump idiots have created in any real world setting.

Generally, the tomfuckery that exists in the mind of people who would spend $$$$ on that sort of bullshit does not seem to exists outside of that cultish community.

Thats probably why you didn't see many "F-Trump flags" stories.
Normal people don't do that sort of thing.
There is no both sides or anything normal about the merchandising shithole that came out of the Trump era

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
I have seen them around here. ymmv of course.

I have seen zero anti-Trump flags comparable to what Trump idiots waste their money on in any of my travels.
I do not recall any type of market place comparable to what Trump idiots have created in any real world setting.

Generally, the tomfuckery that exists in the mind of people who would spend $$$$ on that sort of bullshit does not seem to exists outside of that cultish community.

Thats probably why you didn't see many "F-Trump flags" stories.
Normal people don't do that sort of thing.
There is no both sides or anything normal about the merchandising shithole that came out of the Trump era

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
Free speech doesn't mean free from making yourself look like an idiot. I think she should be allowed to keep them up, although using the word fuck is rather obscene to many people, so are pictures of Trump's face.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
From the "fucks" being given in this thread, I gather the forum auto-censor is turned off again then?
I'm confused how it seems to become active and inactive at random.

I kind of miss it. I'm tempted to put up a poster declaring 'Boris Johnson is a wise and beautiful woman', just in case a passing AT regular might get it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
"FREE SPEECH" *

* Only when it agrees with my narrative! In that case it becomes hate speech and should be banned!
Weird how public obscenity is free speech when it serves your narrative, but an outrage when it doesn't. Do you think there's no children in that neighborhood?

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Meh, she probably saw the numerous times when dipshit opportunists railed against the many enemies Trump acquired simply from being himself and as a result got jobs given to them by Trump personally because they were so loyal and all, so she's probably hanging that colorful and very loud and proud resume of hers out on the front lawn hoping to get a call from him.

Reactions: Pohemi

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
My area is filled with assholes like that with notable ones being the scumbags how have this nonsense at the entrance to an elementary School and the psycho who has his car plastered up and just drives around random residential streets.
Unfortunately, its seems to get worse at houses close to school bus stops where they appear to be trying to get a rise out of all the parents and kids that are out there waiting.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
My area is filled with assholes like that with notable ones being the scumbags how have this nonsense at the entrance to an elementary School and the psycho who has his car plastered up and just drives around random residential streets.
Unfortunately, its seems to get worse at houses close to school bus stops where they appear to be trying to get a rise out of all the parents and kids that are out there waiting.
It's all about them (shocker!) being proud of acting like fucktard clowns, and being as loud and confrontational as they can be without leaving the safety of their flagged and plastered homes. They crave the attention because they are otherwise useless, pointless, and worthless in their miserable existences.

They feel the need to leave their mark somehow; hate and division are the easiest things for them to generate and foster through lies, fantasies, and propaganda.

Reactions: skyking

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Theres plenty of fuck Trump merch if you want it. Heres one place

FUCK TRUMP CLOTHING (spreadshirt.com)
Do you see millions of idiots all over the country wearing clothing like this? Maybe even shouting and spraying spittle in people's faces about how Biden is our savior?

Nobody claimed this shit didn't exist. Your bothsides is ridiculous cherry-picked bullshit, as always.

Carry on, clown.

Reactions: ivwshane

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Theres plenty of fuck Trump merch if you want it. Heres one place

FUCK TRUMP CLOTHING (spreadshirt.com)

You can also find these t-shirts as well
Everyone has access to google and can find something for sale.

However...
Something being for sale <> Trump merch proliferation

Nov 8, 2012
Yeah, I mean... who cares about free-speech as it relates to government officials? What could POSSIBLY go wrong... besides, you know, propoganda everywhere thats always praising the leaders while living a huge life of oppression.....

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Do you see millions of idiots all over the country wearing clothing like this? Maybe even shouting and spraying spittle in people's faces about how Biden is our savior?

Nobody claimed this shit didn't exist. Your bothsides is ridiculous cherry-picked bullshit, as always.

Carry on, clown.

TBH Ive never seen any fuck Biden gear anywhere in the wild.

• Haha