And you thought the posters HERE were crazy volume 2

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
A friend of mine knows a guy who is absolutely insane. Not a little insane but genuinely bat-shit crazy. Do yourself a favor and read through this. Here is what's ruining your party, Republicans. People like this need to be excised like a tumor:

Monday, November 3, 2008
PSYCHOLOGICAL VERSUS SPIRITUAL WARFARE
HERE it is, election eve. Many of you are like me, experiencing pre-election jitters. Last night, before going to bed, I made the mistake of going to the Drudge Report to get the latest headlines. Not to besmirch Drudge or his web site, I wish I hadn't. The polls concerning the election were still there, looming, ever present, and psychologically discouraging. All along, I had been predicting that John McCain and Sarah Palin would come from behind and take this election. According to all the polls, except one, had Barack Obama comfortably out in front and John McCain about five to six percent behind. A wave of fear washed over me, and I jumped up from the computer and went straight to my bedroom where I poured myself out before the Lord.

THE time that I spent in prayer didn't matter. I had been psychologically been beaten up by those news reports, and to get right to the point, I began scolding God. Why, Lord, how can this be? Is this nation that far gone? Have we moved that far to the left that we are no longer who we used to be? How can a man of honor, a man who has served his country both in the military, even spending five years of his life in an enemy prison, and twenty-six years serving his country as a public servant, be passed over for another man who at best is an enigma, a fabrication, of questionable character, a deceiver and a known liar? I confessed to the Lord that I was upset and tried to explain to Him that I wasn't mad at Him, but just overwhelmed by all this fervor and passion that had been building up in me for months. Here, I have been offering encouragement to the small number of readers that I have, and here I find myself in need of encouragement. I really needed a Word from the Lord
THE Lord has spoken to me on a number of occasions. In 1989, I was working as a news photographer, editor, and live truck operator for WSBTV News. I had been sent to Coweta County where a tornado had been spotted, and was told to sit and wait until my assignment desk received information of any storm damage and they would dispatch me to it. While I was waiting in the parking lot of a Gulf service station at Collinsworth Road and Interstate 85, a tornado suddenly appeared only a few hundred yards from me and heading my way. I was sitting at the editing console in the rear of the live truck and as I witnessed a vacant building across the road from me vanish before my eyes, a voice spoke to me, "GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!" I made no effort to save the truck; there was no time. I got out and about fifteen to twenty seconds later, I saw my five ton television live truck, flip end over end, tumble down along side the frontage road, coming to rest nearly four hundred feet from where it was. If I had been inside that truck, I would have been killed.

ABOUT four months later, I went to Henry General Hospital, as it was known then, with chest pains. While there, I went into cardiac arrest; my heart stopped beating. After forty five minutes of cpr and defibulation, I regained consciousness. A white light was shining brightly in my face. As my vision cleared, I could see a number of doctors and nurses hovering over me The same inner voice that spoke to me that night in Coweta County spoke to me again. "I am the Resurrection and the Life. Any man who believes in Me, though he were dead, yet he shall live." These are the same words that Jesus used when he raised Lazarus from the dead. Of all the Bible versus there are, why were these spoken to me?

SIX years later, after another heart attack, I was at Georgia Baptist Hospital in Atlanta. The back side of my heart was dead and I was barely hanging onto life while on a heart pump. During that time, I was in a fifteen day coma. While in the coma, I drifted back and forth from semi-consciousness to the spiritual realm. To shorten a very detailed and highly descriptive story, I had a visitation from the Lord when I found myself in the Valley of the Shadow of Death. He told me, "You will live and not die." During my recovery, I was the recipient of many miracles, no doubt the result of thousands who were praying for me. A few months later, I received a heart transplant, the heart of a seventeen year old, and I've had that heart over twelve years. The miracle was not the transplant, but the Lord keeping me alive when the odds were against me, long enough for me to get a transplant. My healing has been such that I no longer require the anti-rejection drugs the doctors said that I would have to take the rest of my life.

THE reason I bring these events up is because, once again, I was in need of a Word from God. I recited my daily confession with special emphasis on certain parts of it. I am of the faithful of God, for He has given me the faith to move mountains. Therefore, nothing to me is impossible because with God, all things are possible. I am more than a conqueror for I can over come any obstacle or stumbling block placed before me by the enemy. No weapon formed against me shall prosper....I have success in everything that I set forth my hand to accomplish, for I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I walk by faith and not by sight.

ONCE I had quietened down, I waited upon the Lord. My mind was replaying all the things that I had learned over the years; and then it dawned on me. The polls; these polls are nothing but a tool of the enemy. He is using these polls to psychologically discourage all of us to the point that we won't bother going to vote because it will be an exercise in futility. This is nothing but a strategy of the devil, nothing more than another one of his deceptions. This type of strategy has been used by leftists the world over in manipulating the masses; a tactic right out of the Marxist play book. Another thought came to me, one that I had mentioned to you in previous posts; this is spiritual warfare. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "we war not against flesh and blood, but of the rulers, against the powers, against the principalities of darkness, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

TO sum it up; the enemy is using psychological warfare on us, and we must engage the enemy on our terms, using spiritual warfare. I asked the Lord, what else can we do, Lord." The Lord said to me, "the battle is not yours, but Mine." How can this happen, O' Lord? "Not by power; not by might, but by my Spirit," says the Lord.

We are not to surrender to our emotions; and I confess I came very close to doing just that. Remember, that fear is an emotion, and it is the opposite of faith. If you haven't voted yet in early voting, please make every effort to vote. It is isn't over until every one has voted, and every vote is counted. Election day is tomorrow, and with the exception of those in a few states that have had early voting, everyone else votes tomorrow. There is plenty of time for a mighty move of the Spirit of the Lord. There's expected to be a record turnout and as long as there are people in line, the polls can't close until everyone has voted.

MEANWHILE, pray for the Mighty Move of the Spirit to take place. Pray specifically that those people, especially Christians, who have been caught up in the Obama hype and have been deceived into thinking that he is going to solve all their problems have their spiritual eyes opened. Pray that they will have second thoughts, and vote for the two people that are right for this country, John McCain and Sarah Palin. Once you have voted and prayed, submit to the Lord; the battle is now His. If all of us on this side of the line drawn in the sand do this, I am confident that we will be victorious.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I lol'd at: " I began scolding God. Why, Lord, how can this be? "

He goes on to say the Lord has spoken to him serveral times, he must have erased the voice mail God left telling him stop speaking for Him or he'd burn in hell. This guy should be in a padded room.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I love how these nutcase evangelists are so convinced they're right that when things don't go their way, they actually start blaming God for it.

Ever stop to think that maybe God isn't wrong, but you are? Or that maybe he's trying to send you a message?

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Well it's poisonous for anyone to believe that every little thing that happens around them is a message from God, and this is the world that people like this live in.

It's neat because you can deflect blame from yourself whenever something goes wrong personally for you and blame the devil, and everything good is a blessing from God.

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
THE Lord has spoken to me on a number of occasions [...] a voice spoke to me, "GET OUT OF THE TRUCK!" [...] If I had been inside that truck, I would have been killed.

[...] While there, I went into cardiac arrest [...] The same inner voice that spoke to me that night in Coweta County spoke to me again. "I am the Resurrection and the Life. Any man who believes in Me, though he were dead, yet he shall live." [...]

SIX years later, after another heart attack [...] I had a visitation from the Lord when I found myself in the Valley of the Shadow of Death. He told me, "You will live and not die."

Sounds like his invisible friend is doing everything he can to keep this douche out of heaven :laugh:

Religious people = insane. No exceptions.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
He needs to relax. Palin even said she was confident god would ensure the right result emerged from the election.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
if you stripped those nutjobs out of the Republican party i am not sure what they would be left with.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Theology is extremely rich and important to many people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Speaking of crazy:

"CALLER: I hear you talk about highly educated people being the ones that are the most hypnotized, which is true."

Visited some rightwing sites to see how badly they were freaking. The above is an excerpt from one of Rush's transcripts posted on his site. This perfectly typifies the absurd pride some people have in not being educated, and the contempt with which they hold those who attain such education.

How exactly are we supposed to trust republicans to reform or make education affordable when they obviously have such a low opinion of science and schooling?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
I love how these nutcase evangelists are so convinced they're right that when things don't go their way, they actually start blaming God for it.

Ever stop to think that maybe God isn't wrong, but you are? Or that maybe he's trying to send you a message?

hehe, yup. It's like that one Pastor who lead a prayer before the one McCain rally trying to explain to "God" just how bad Obama was. :laugh:

What they really want is not a "God" at all, but a Genie who merely grants Wishes.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Evan
Theology is extremely rich and important to many people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful.

Exactly! As a non-religious person, I have to be very careful to separate the insane rantings of a few evangelical nutjobs from the vast majority of kind, caring religious people. I imagine many of those people wish they could be rid of the extremist evangelicals as well, to avoid people like me judging them.

I think the same applies to people from other religions as well. Namely Islam. Yes, I think a lot of the followers of Islam seem pretty kooky, even the relatively sane ones. But despite their overly conservative views, most of them are still pretty harmless and would never advocate the terrible violence that a few radical Muslims commit. I imagine many Muslims would like to be rid of the terrorists who commit atrocities in the name of their religion as well, because it engenders Islamophobia.

Oct 27, 2007
Theology is extremely rich in bullshit and superstition and important to many weak, mindless people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful, which is a fictional category anyway.

Fixed for you.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
Theology is extremely rich in bullshit and superstition and important to many weak, mindless people and most Americans, but these sorts of religious justifications can really do some harm to the more sane faithful, which is a fictional category anyway.

Fixed for you.
Ironically, you lash out with the same kind of knee jerk judgment that you ridicule them for. There are people stronger of character than you or I and intellectually superior who see something more than what they have touched or see with their eyes. If you remain vehemently against something that billions appear to find some attraction to and chalk it all up as simple superstition, you may find yourself losing out on a lot.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Skoorb

Fixed for you.
Ironically, you lash out with the same kind of knee jerk judgment that you ridicule them for. There are people stronger of character than you or I and intellectually superior who see something more than what they have touched or see with their eyes. If you remain vehemently against something that billions appear to find some attraction to and chalk it all up as simple superstition, you may find yourself losing out on a lot.

Agreed. I'm not religious at all and I also believe that religion is a superstition, but I can also understand that, since I did not have a religious upbringing, it doesn't mean the same thing to me that it does to many people.

I ask that religious people be tolerant of my own beliefs, and vice versa. I don't have to think that they are right in their beliefs, but it doesn't mean I judge their whole character based on something as trivial as that. As long as they're good people, what do I care where they derive their philosophy from?

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

And the 'more sane faithful' includes yourself?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

Fixed for you.

If I wanted a handicapped child to edit my post, I would have requested it.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Dissipate

And the 'more sane faithful' includes yourself?

I don't practice any religion currently, not that it's any of your business.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
wow... only took me point where he said he got his news from the Drudge report to figure out he is an idiot. The rest of the post typical christian personal experience that does nothing for me and justification of racism with religion.

on a side note this dude should spend less time rely on god to tell him when to go to the doctor and more time walking his fat ass around the block to try to lower those LDL's.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003

I wonder how they would take it if they realized Jesus was a leftist.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SirStev0

Explain to Him just how bad the Left is...

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: SirStev0

Crucify him?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, look at on the bright side, he can spend the next 4 years cursing God. While God is showing him how wrong his delusions are.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

Oh but you do, it's called state worship. There is a high correlation with state worship and religious worship.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Dissipate

Oh but you do, it's called state worship. There is a high correlation with state worship and religious worship.

No, there isn't. But there's definitely a high correlation between conspiracy theorists and poor education.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
No, there isn't. But there's definitely a high correlation between conspiracy theorists and poor education.

A bachelor's in computer science from a major university isn't generally considered a 'poor education.' While you were fixing computers I was writing compilers, bucko.