And you thought being a pervert was a relatively recent trait of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
My girlfriend once told me I would do anything that moved. I replied "Since when was movemnet a requirement"

Well now I can blame it on my ancient ancestors.

DNA extracted from a recently discovered extinct human lineage known as the Denisovans — close relatives of Neanderthals — also revealed new details about this group, which once interbred with modern humans. The Denisovan genome that was sequenced belonged to a little girl with dark skin, brown hair and brown eyes, and displayed about 100,000 recent changes in our genome that occurred after the split from the Denisovans. A number of these changes influenced genes linked with brain function and nervous system development, leading to speculation that we may think differently from the Denisovans.

Genetic analysis also suggested the only modern humans whose ancestors did not interbreed with Neanderthals were apparently sub-Saharan Africans.

Looks like the sub-Saharan Africans were the only ones who could control themselves.

http://www.livescience.com/25818-human-ancestors-evolution-2012.html

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Looks like the sub-Saharan Africans were the only ones who could control themselves.
What the hell do you mean?

Neanderthals were much smarter and much less like chimps than cro-magnon man was.

Also, we don't know that 100% of "all modern humans" don't descend from neanderthals... some people look a lot more neanderthal than cro-magnon.

To assume that we all have roots in sub-saharan africa is ridiculous.

Bunk article is bunk.

Last edited:

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
didn't Nova say that about 20% of black people have neanderthal dna whereas the majority of europeans have it? apparently they didn't make it to africa

the host was tested and he had neanderthal dna

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
didn't Nova say that about 20% of black people have neanderthal dna whereas the majority of europeans have it? apparently they didn't make it to africa

the host was tested and he had neanderthal dna

I believe that the average black person in America has something like ~10% white ancestry.

So it would seem to be likely they got neanderthal dna from there.

Also, I would assume the reason Africans did not interbreed with neanderthal is lack of opportunity. Humans are a horny bunch...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059476/35-men-rural-Brazil-sex-animal-study-finds.html

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It's hard to have sex with people on a different continent before the invention of modern means of travel. It had nothing to do with self control.

Sep 12, 2004
Neanderthal fossils have never been discovered in sub-Saharan Africa so there is some assumption that they never spread that far. If they had the DNA would likely be in the sub-Saharan human genome as well since screwing anything that moves is not anything unique to the OP.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
The more northern, colder climates were sufficiently distinct from our African origins to cause humanity to straight up split into multiple species, some now extinct... but not distinct enough to cause modern people of European descent to be in ANY WAY different from modern sub-Saharan Africans.

Despite interbreeding with these other species occurring in one group and not the other...

according to mindless egalitarian libs, that is.

:rolleyes:

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
The more northern, colder climates were sufficiently distinct from our African origins to cause humanity to straight up split into multiple species, some now extinct... but not distinct enough to cause modern people of European descent to be in ANY WAY different from modern sub-Saharan Africans.
There are quite a few differences. First off, skin and vitamin D, the obvious one. Hair, but who knows why. Statistically significant differences in various disease rates. Just off the top of my head.

Between similar pressures for evolution, and interbreeding, we all ended up about the same. Not identical, but roughly similar in capabilities, and with vastly more differences between individuals than group. 'Cause you know, all our ancestors kind of split off and merged and had to deal with climate shit all around the same times, and with the same time scale to work with.

Despite interbreeding with these other species occurring in a number of groups yet unknown, but definitely kind of large, and not in this one pocket of the Earth...
FTFY. It's much thanks to advancements in DNA technology that we even know some of these groups existed as precursors to us that were at one point distinct. Some of what they've now IDed as distinct from modern humans were just skeletons and mummies and such found in out of the way places. It seems many of these subspecies really got around, though.

It's hard to have sex with people on a different continent before the invention of modern means of travel. It had nothing to do with self control.
Begs the question: if pre-modern Man knew exotic hotties were somewhere across every ocean, would we have invented better transportation sooner? :hmm:

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
And you thought being a pervert was a relatively recent trait of ours.

Since the dawn of time. Only difference now is whether people are being a hypocrite about it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.