And yet, they persist. The GOP now has politicized METAL DETECTORS at the Capitol

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
I wouldn't trust a QAnon Trumphumper congressperson in the chambers with a gun ever. These people are nuts.

It's kind of like having an Al-Qaeda member sitting in congress after 9/11, and from now on I refer to the group as Al-Qanon.

Isn't she the same one who Tweeted about Pelosi while some of her Fellow Al-Qanon members(terrorists), which no doubt followed her tweets, were attacking the capital.

I can't believe she hasn't been charged.

I'd have armed security assigned to to be inside the chamber follower her and watch her if she doesn't' go through the metal detector.

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I actually agree that the metal detectors seem to be more reactionary than a necessary precaution. What would have gone differently last week if metal detectors had been there? We would’ve heard a number of beeps mixed in with the roar of the mob???

That said, now that they’re there, GOP should stop whining. Bunch of self-entitled pricks.

Reactions: Pohemi

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I actually agree that the metal detectors seem to be more reactionary than a necessary precaution. What would have gone differently last week if metal detectors had been there? We would’ve heard a number of beeps mixed in with the roar of the mob???

That said, now that they’re there, GOP should stop whining. Bunch of self-entitled pricks.
It's probably more about what might happen in the future, since storming the building en-masse was thwarted, and the most likely terror threat in the immediate future is from right-wing extremists...

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

There is evidence coming out that multiple representatives guided insurrectionists through the Capitol building the day prior. Plus some of these members are QAnon
They are believers in a terrorist organization. I don't trust them with a gun anywhere near a democratic representative.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
These entitled a-holes think they are above the law. They seem to forget that they serve the American people and not the other way around.

Interestingly enough, that's the chant of the mob that stormed the Capitol.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
ok, this kinda makes sense. the only reason you would leave a cushy lifetime appointment like that for elected office is because, well, a troglodyte like Gohmert was probably on the fast track for disbarment, trying to play at judge. (well, we're talking pre-Trump USA. Piece of shit like that would probably thrive right now. Oh well, too bad)

All judges from Justice of the Peace(lowest level judge in Tesss that doesn’t even need a JD) to Supreme Court Justice are elected every four years in the state of Texas. Gohmert was elected a district court judge. Slick Rick appointed him to fill out a term as Chief of the 12th court of appeals. They was ~6 months. He was off the bench entirely for about a year before running for a Congress.

Reactions: zinfamous

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Jesus Fucking Christ. Shit like this is why the GOP is in a downward spiral. EVERYTHING needs to be politicized. "Oh, the democrats are for something? I need to be reflexively against it"

Edit: I've had to go through jury duty TWICE and had to go through metal detectors. I also had to go to a federal building once in Boston to volunteer to help low income folks with doing their taxes and also had to go through metal detectors. Have these idiots NOT gone through a metal detector before? Christ. I'm actually SHOCKED that congress didn't have this in place since the Capitol is such a high value target.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
A sign of things to come. We are so so fortunate that Georgia has blessed us with control of the Senate. Mcconnell has finally gotten the message he thought he'd never hear: "Get the fvck off of that high horse of yours, you rode it into the dirt and killed it you arrogant jackass. Step aside or get stepped on."

Reactions: Fenixgoon

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Armed teachers and metal detectors in School? Cool!!
Metal detectors in government buildings from court houses to EPA offices? Cool!!!
Metal Detectors in Congress? TYRANNY!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Zorba and ch33zw1z

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Metal detectors in government buildings from court houses to EPA offices? Cool!!!
You didn't include;

Armed Congress critter on the House floor? Cool!!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Interestingly enough, that's the chant of the mob that stormed the Capitol.
Don't you know, you can do anything you want as long as you are chanting "USA!, USA!" simultaneously. Every American knows that.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Matt Fuller, a reporter for HuffPost, recorded at least 12 GOP lawmakers either side-stepping the metal detectors or setting them off and continuing on to the House floor. They included Reps. Virginia Foxx of North Carolina, Paul Gosar of Arizona, Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma and Louie Gohmert of Texas.

It looks like some of the major goobers have yet to check in.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Matt Fuller, a reporter for HuffPost, recorded at least 12 GOP lawmakers either side-stepping the metal detectors or setting them off and continuing on to the House floor. They included Reps. Virginia Foxx of North Carolina, Paul Gosar of Arizona, Markwayne Mullin of Oklahoma and Louie Gohmert of Texas.

It looks like some of the major goobers have yet to check in.
I always thought Guber and Foxx would make a nice couple.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Awww, look at da poor poor 'Pubbies all pissed off that they lost control of the gov't and are now past the denial stage and have gone into the defiant sore loser stage and prepping to go into the "I'm gonna play even dirtier now 'cuz I lost even after I tried every dirty trick I could think of" stage.

Subterfuge is now the name of their game, interspersed with downright blatant pig headed spitefulness whenever it suits their needs. IOW, back to those pre-Trump days when, sorry to say, the Repubs don't give an inch and the Dems give more than they should to get less than they should.

Hope it don't pan out that way this time around, yet history's lessons tells the tale.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Armed teachers and metal detectors in School? Cool!! Armed teachers goal is to defend students.
Metal detectors in government buildings from court houses to EPA offices? Cool!!! Metal detectors are to prevent people with grievances against the court or EPA out.
Metal Detectors in Congress? TYRANNY!!!! Sadly because there is no vetting, security screenings, etc., of those elected, we know that bad actors are present.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I swear people... the pod people are here and taking over. They came from outer space, by following their leader Trump, and they will turn everything upside down.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Armed teachers and metal detectors in School? Cool!! Armed teachers goal is to defend students.
Metal detectors in government buildings from court houses to EPA offices? Cool!!! Metal detectors are to prevent people with grievances against the court or EPA out.
Metal Detectors in Congress? TYRANNY!!!! Sadly because there is no vetting, security screenings, etc., of those elected, we know that bad actors are present.

He made no mention of being against any of those things in that post. I believe he was pointing out the hypocrisy. Considering in its legal response to the Parler lawsuit, Amazon cites the wingnuts - "After the firing squads are done with the politicians the teachers are next" - I wouldn't blame teachers if they wanted to be armed.

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
I swear people... the pod people are here and taking over. They came from outer space, by following their leader Trump, and they will turn everything upside down.
I think trump has an army of either hypno-toads or brain slugs that are behind all of this. Probably hypno-toads.