And yet, they persist. The GOP now has politicized METAL DETECTORS at the Capitol

Nov 17, 2019
I don't have a link, but apparently there is a kerfluffle at the Capitol with several Reps bypassing newly installed metal detectors, refusing to allow items to be searched, shoving Officers, etc. Goehmert, Boebert, Stivers and Fulcher so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
I don't have a link, but apparently there is a kerfluffle at the Capitol with several Reps bypassing newly installed metal detectors, refusing to allow items to be searched, shoving Officers, etc. Goehmert, Boebert, Stivers and Fulcher so far.
Not much of a loss if they are barred from entering.

Reactions: Pohemi

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Yeah the nutters are double and tripling down.

Pelosi and the Dems should take it a step further. They should pass a rule that bar la people from chambers if they won’t submit to search or the metal detector.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi
Nov 17, 2019
From that article linked above:

"“They’re impeding the ability of members to come and vote,” said House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), adding that there were detectors at various other points throughout the Capitol complex. “They were strictly designed to impede the ability for members to come and vote. This is our job. This was never discussed by anybody, you don’t make a major change like this.”"

How about leaving your steel weenie substitute outside and just doing your job?

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Have 'pubs always bucked the rules this much, or has it gotten way worse since trump? Lately they seem to kick and scream any time they're told to something for the common good.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Convictions of participant seditionists/insurrectionists resulting from their assault on the Capitol will have their supporters vowing revenge and (in their minds) retribution. This we must suffer through as best we can. I hope our security services will be on that aspect of the issue hard and mercilessly.

Repubs up on the hill who think it will benefit themselves will give tacit agreement to those criminals seeking "justice" will of course be these same jerkoffs who refuse to follow rules meant to ensure safety and security within chambers.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
The nerve of these entitled pricks. They think they are above the law. You and I have to go through a metal detector to enter a federal building. We have to wear a mask if we go into any building. We do this stuff for our and others protection. It's a mutual respect thing and has nothing to do with anyone rights.

Lock him up!
Lock them up!

Reactions: Captante

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I really don't understand how there isn't daily news about someone punching Gohmert. If I had to deal with him in my daily life I don't believe I could withhold myself for more than a week tops.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
These entitled a-holes think they are above the law. They seem to forget that they serve the American people and not the other way around.

Reactions: owensdj and Pohemi

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Have 'pubs always bucked the rules this much, or has it gotten way worse since trump? Lately they seem to kick and scream any time they're told to something for the common good.

They think rules don’t apply to them. It used to only be breaking the rules when it came to corruption but now under trump, there isn’t a rule small enough that they won’t ignore. They are simply the worst.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why do reps think they need to pack iron--are they that bed-wetting terrified of their own constituents?

lol, who do they actually think is coming for them?

Reactions: hal2kilo

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I really don't understand how there isn't daily news about someone punching Gohmert. If I had to deal with him in my daily life I don't believe I could withhold myself for more than a week tops.
what amazes me is this fool was a judge.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Gohmert was a judge?!! I would review every judgment he’s ever made.

Louie Gohmert, a U.S. House member since 2005, is a former chief justice of the Texas 12th Court of Appeals and Smith County state district judge. He lives in Tyler.

• Wow
Reactions: zinfamous

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
One link here, haven't read it for details:

Biggest fucking snowflakes anywhere. Have to go through metal detectors at Disney World, Six Flags, and many high schools. Absolutely no way should anyone be allowed to carry a gun in the capitol building, especially after Wednesday.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
just a week ago...

"Freshman Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Co.) appears to carry a handgun while walking the streets of Capitol Hill in a new ad released on Sunday.

"Even though I work in one of the most liberal cities in America, I refused to give up my rights, especially my Second Amendment rights," Boebert says in the ad. "I will carry my firearm in D.C. and in Congress."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

ok, this kinda makes sense. the only reason you would leave a cushy lifetime appointment like that for elected office is because, well, a troglodyte like Gohmert was probably on the fast track for disbarment, trying to play at judge. (well, we're talking pre-Trump USA. Piece of shit like that would probably thrive right now. Oh well, too bad)

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
just a week ago...

"Freshman Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Co.) appears to carry a handgun while walking the streets of Capitol Hill in a new ad released on Sunday.

"Even though I work in one of the most liberal cities in America, I refused to give up my rights, especially my Second Amendment rights," Boebert says in the ad. "I will carry my firearm in D.C. and in Congress."

is that even legal for members of congress?