And yet another 3DMark 2001SE question

DragonFire

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
No matter what I set my direct3d settings to, I can get any higher then 8100 marks.

System Specs:

Dragon Ultra Plantinum (KT333)
Athlon XP 2000+ @ 1.9Ghz
786MB PC2700 @ 152MHz Cas2
Geforce3 @ default and up to 215/515 (Det 40.41)

Iv been reading post all over the net and some places say a 1.4 thunderbird with a GF3 should come close to 10,000 marks. How true is this? Iv seen systems on 3dmark's site running slower ram on a slower cpu but same video card and getting higher scores then me.

Iv tried the GeForce Tweak Utility to no end. Is there some big secert setting I missing? I know 3Dmark is kinda useless to some but I was getting 8000 on a XP 1800+ and here Im running like 400mhz faster and still the same. Is 8000 simply the limit for the GF3 ?

DragonFire

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You know Mr.Deeko

When you write a better benchmark program then 3Dmarks, then you can tell me and everyone else that asks about 3dmark to shutup. futher more if all you can do is scan post for 3dmark questions and reply by putting them down, I suggest you go get a life and leave the rest of us alone you stupid jerk.

And for your stupid info, 3dgames are a little low on the FPS for my system as well.......it might have to do with my fill rate being over 100 points less then others.

Now can someone with a life and with answers for me please reply.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
hehe I think I hurt someones feelings.

"you...stupid...jerk!! I'm gonna go tell mommy!"

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
and btw, I am a frequent poster in the video forum, mostly in threads about technology/new cards/comparing cards. And if your game scores are low, why don't you post that instead? Is that inconsequential? If you aren't too busy crying to mommy about the stupid jerk in the video forum, that is.

DragonFire

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'll see about getting silly 3D game scores for you.....

From reading all the 3dmark posts its clear that you hate the program most people that come to the video section Im sure know this by now. I really dont see any need to bash everyone that posts about 3dmark. Give it a freaking rest already, no wonder I dont use this forum often.......

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
right, silly, cuz that isn't important
rolleye.gif

Here's the deal. 3DMark is not a good benchmark. The majority of the people here know that. Yet people like you continually post their scores, or whine about their scores. I used to be nice about telling people not to worry about it, but the point never hit home, now that I shove it down your collective throats, its catching on much better. And if you don't like this forum, fine, get out. I won't miss you.

merlocka

Platinum Member
Nov 24, 1999
LOL, Deeko strikes again.

1) Perhaps posting a link to your 3dfark results page could allow people to assist you. By looking at scores in various tests it's sometimes possible to determine what's up.

2) A 1.4GHz athlon with a Geforce3 is not giving anyone 10000 3dfarks. A simple check of the ORB coulda shown you that. The high score on the ORB is like 9000 which means a stable system actually rendering all the textures would be in the high 6000's to low 7000's.

3) A glance at Tom's page shows that a typical Geforce3's on Typical Athlon XP2000's get about 7000 3dFarks. You are 18% faster than that CPU, and about 14% higher than that score...

4) Anand shows that with high detail stuff (which is weighted portion of 3dFark), the Geforce3 starts to level off after about 1.4GHz.

And Once Again.... most people who list/brag/post their 3dFarks have completed the benchmark with a system so tweaked out and overclocked that it probably couldn't finish the benchmark twice without crashing. I dunno why, but there is some force that drives people to want a high 3DFark score.

Since everyone does it, people start believing that 1.4GHz computers with Geforce3 cards should score 10000 3dFarks. That's when the benchmark becomes useless.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Yes most know it isn't a good bench mark, Used for making changes to your puter but do you have to be a ass about it, If people asking questions got to me as bad as it seems to get to you I would think about leaving the computer off for a while, To much hate in the world

DragonFire

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Im galde im not the only one that is tired of deeko....

Anyways heres a link 3dmark

What I dont understand is how there is 2 pages of scores of system specs close to mind and yet there 8400-12000 marks. The one thing that I have noticed is my fill rate is rather low compared to most. Even OC my video card doesnt help much......Any real ideas?

GLMark gives me a avg rate of 53fps at 1024x786x32........that just isnt right since the program has been out since the GF2 days...

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I find it extremely, extremely amusing that I upset you so much. People that are easy to get to make life fun.

Yes most know it isn't a good bench mark, Used for making changes to your puter but do you have to be a ass about it, If people asking questions got to me as bad as it seems to get to you I would think about leaving the computer off for a while, To much hate in the world
Ahh, another dubious case of "the people that don't read entire posts". Hey, keep at it.

merlocka

Platinum Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: DragonFire

Anyways heres a link 3dmark

That looks like what I'd expect from a default clocked Geforce3. The people you see with higher scores are clocking the piss out of their geforce3's. It suprises me that you mentioned OC'ing your video card doesn't make a difference, although there are cards out there which actually start performing worse when overclocked. Puts them on the edge of stability and the cards GPU starts missing timing.

Anyway, with a default clocked Geforce3 your score seems accurate.

According to Digit-Life, (they don't list Geforce3 anymore) Geforce 3 Ti200 / Ti500 score as follows :

P4 2.53GHz 7700 / 10300
XP 1.66GHz 7000 / 8200

The Geforce3 is about 10% slower than Ti500, so I'd expect 9000 on a P4 2.53 and 7400 on and XP2000+. Your overclocked XP has raised you score 800 points. Think of it that way...

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Deeko
hehe I think I hurt someones feelings.

"you...stupid...jerk!! I'm gonna go tell mommy!"

I think your mommy took your pacifier away to soon as a child and you never quite got over the anger. That or you are just a jagoff by nature.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
You guys really don't get it, do you? I am harsh in my 3DMark posts to get your attention, and it works. And if I see that I got to you, and wounded you, as I clearly did with our dragon friend, I will hound you, because it is simply hilarious to see people whine like little girls over nothing.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Your score seems average... I got 11,400 with an Athlon XP1800+ and an overclocked Ti4200 128MB.
and although you do have the right to post up on matters like this, these people are right that it's not the most important benchmark. run some q3 time-demos or something. :D

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
You guys really don't get it, do you? I am harsh in my 3DMark posts to get your attention, and it works. And if I see that I got to you, and wounded you, as I clearly did with our dragon friend, I will hound you, because it is simply hilarious to see people whine like little girls over nothing.

Deeko grow up and stop thinking you are getting to anyone with your BS, Go pull wings off flies or kick your dog, Or better yet go back to off topic

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: DoubleL

Deeko grow up and stop thinking you are getting to anyone with your BS, Go pull wings off flies or kick your dog, Or better yet go back to off topic

learn how to quote properly.

If I'm not getting to you, you guys wouldn't be whining about me so much. Mission accomplished.

Go back to OT? If you read video threads other than whiny my computer isn't fast enough threads you would see that I can be a very productive member here, when people aren't being ignorant.

RamIt

Nov 12, 2001
Deeko - It would be nice if you could inform people that 3dmark is not the best of benchmarks and give them some others to try. Telling someone to "shut up" just opens the door to all kinds of flames.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Like I said, I used to. No one listened though. This is the only way to get people to even listen to me :p