And the TSA continues to be useless

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Last Thursday, what’s referred to as the “Red Team” in town from Washington D.C., posed as passengers and attempted to sneak items through security that should easily be caught.

In most cases, they succeeded in getting the banned items though. 17 out of 18 tries by the undercover federal agents saw explosive materials, fake weapons, or drugs pass through TSA screening undetected.

Two sources told Fox 9 that the tests carried out Thursday were eventually stopped after the failure rate reached 95 percent.

http://www.fox9.com/news/265354360-story

So they went from a 75% failure rate last year to 95% this year. So glad we continue to spend billions of dollars on this. At least they are now more in line with the 90+% failure rates of other airports

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
There's a good reason it's called security theater: it's about pretending you're serious about security, not implementing methods that are likely to work. The truth is that the solutions to airport security are mostly technological (more advanced scanners, hyper-sensitive chemical sniffers) rather than restrictive policies and awkward pat-downs.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
But how many bottles of water made it through? They are on that shit like everyone carrying one is Osama Bin Laden incarnate. I bet they have posters in the break room with a "____ days since a bottle of terrorist water made it through our lines."

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I got my nuts played with in Vegas so I could carry milk through for my 1 year old. I have no idea how patting me down, after I went through the scanner proves the milk is safe.

Considering I pay a TSA fee, can I now tell people I got felt up by a whore in Vegas?

(Milk for toddlers is an allowed item)

Reactions: DarthKyrie

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I got my nuts played with in Vegas so I could carry milk through for my 1 year old. I have no idea how patting me down, after I went through the scanner proves the milk is safe.

Considering I pay a TSA fee, can I now tell people I got felt up by a whore in Vegas?

(Milk for toddlers is an allowed item)
My legally blind, white, red-haired girlfriend got pat down because her non-driver's ID name didn't match her ticket name (legal name change, DMV screwed up the ID ship address and didn't get reshipped in time, had court docs with us).

Dangers abound.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MustISO

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
... and no one should be surprised. I have had zero confidence since the beginning that they would actually be able to stop much. It's all smoke and mirrors. They've been tested many times before and failed miserably. Maybe it's a deterrent but anyone who really wants to get something on board a plane will most likely be successful.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
... and no one should be surprised. I have had zero confidence since the beginning that they would actually be able to stop much. It's all smoke and mirrors. They've been tested many times before and failed miserably. Maybe it's a deterrent but anyone who really wants to get something on board a plane will most likely be successful.

I have been held and interrogated twice, admittedly its been my fault. Once for explosives residue, second for rifle cleaning gear. Whoops. I seem to be keen for being "randomly" picked. My wife did when we were leaving Jamaica, when a guy was literally one ahead of us and had a joint behind his ear and went through without being patted down. She went off on them, which didn't help things. Even worse, I couldn't go with her. Which didn't make me happy, which made everything worse. I don't have a lot of love for TSA. Something needs to be done to prevent people from bringing things onto a plane, I think there are better ways though. I don't know if I could get paid enough to do that job.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Actually something (for me) that was worse than being pat down, again Vegas (different time), the X-ray machine dude saw my wife's vibrator on the the scan, started cracking up and called all of his buddies over to look at it. I though to myself "Man, if this is the first dildo you've seen in Vegas, you are really shitty at your job."

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Where are the republicans calling for the elimination of this agency?

Unfortunately both sides seem quite content with maintaining the illusion of safety at the expense of a substantial sum of $

does TSA even look for drugs?

They say they don't look specifically for them but report them when they find them. That said there are reports of TSA agents searching for drugs when no other threat indicators go off and they certainly participate in civil forfeiture despite saying they don't look for large sums of money. It was also brought up somewhere the drugs could have been nitroglycerin pills

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Adam ruins the TSA....excellent vid, and the idea of "security theater" can be applied to other things these days for sure.

Reactions: Kaido