And the internet goes down... DDoS Attack in progress

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www5.dixiesys.com isn't responding, and as far as I can tell... trying to ping any other number server is just timing out. The Dixiesys forums are down, and their IRC server isn't connecting.

This is kinda scary.... :Q

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Someone call Greg dammit! I haven't done anything to my site in about a month and the one night I want to actually do something......grrrrr. :|

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
Originally posted by: bunker
Someone call Greg dammit! I haven't done anything to my site in about a month and the one night I want to actually do something......grrrrr. :|

greg? you mean gary right?

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Doh... only 3 servers are left online now. A few minutes ago there were still 9! :Q

::crossing fingers they're not intentionally being shut down a la cyberwings::

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I had their stats page on screen... and had it refreshing. All of a sudden my task bar starts flashing... server not found. It appears that all servers are now offline.

<edit>

bah, nevermind. i'm getting a response sometimes, other times it can't find the stats server. strange.

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
Originally posted by: shrinertech
I had their stats page on screen... and had it refreshing. All of a sudden my task bar starts flashing... server not found. It appears that all servers are now offline.

Stats page is working for me still. Looks like a few servers are back up.

numark

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
I'm not on Dixiesys, but it seems to me that many sites on the Internet are down. I have a site that's hosted on a Rackspace colo server, and I can't access certain domains right now. It seems to me like there's a DNS problem, since I can't access many different sites on various providers at the moment. It just hangs at the DNS requests :(

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: dakata24
Originally posted by: bunker

greg? you mean gary right?

Woops...yeah. I knew it started with a G though! :eek:

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: numark
I'm not on Dixiesys, but it seems to me that many sites on the Internet are down. I have a site that's hosted on a Rackspace colo server, and I can't access certain domains right now. It seems to me like there's a DNS problem, since I can't access many different sites on various providers at the moment. It just hangs at the DNS requests :(

I wouldn't think that almost all the servers would go down without warning so its not a dixiesys problem more than likely. It is probably some network problem beyond dixiesys control. Anyone else have sites down right now?

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
This is big... it'll be interesting to see the news in the morning... I'd like to know what happened.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Weird... I was reading a bunch of threads in OT and none of the external links would work...and then some of the news sites weren't working for me. Google still fast as ever though...

Things might be getting back to normal now...is this the work of h4x0rs?

ChrisIsBored

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA

Things might be getting back to normal now...is this the work of h4x0rs?

h4x0rs or not, they had a lot of toys to play with whatever the hell they were doing. Check out this MRTG graph.
linkified

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Server 14 responded and so did my Dixiesys website but both were VERY slow.

I'm glad that I have my own resellers account, that's been up about 99.5% so far :D

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
ATT seems to be having problems, i can do a trace under 100ms until it hits a sepcific portion of the ATT line and it either times out or has 1000* ms response times...

and my activity lights keep flashing when i'm not doing anything... :confused: