And the guy is like... And?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I would be too. They froze 7 billion of my 14 BILLION! Woe is me! I guess I'll have to settle for that Gulfstream 5 jet, instead of the Gulfstream 6 and I won't be able to get surround sound on the Blu-ray system in it.

REALLY? :rolleyes:

You can't hurt these people, until you reduce them to a condition where they have to apply for food stamps.

Tax haven freezes $7 billion of Roman Abramovich's assets
1649868562686.png

A Jersey court froze $7 billion in assets believed to be connected to Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich.
Why it matters: It's a massive freeze by the English Channel tax haven, equivalent to half of the billionaire’s publicly estimated wealth, per Bloomberg.
  • Jersey's Royal Court issued the freeze, formally known as a saisie judiciaire, on the assets on April 12. The assets are either located in Jersey or owned by Jersey incorporated entities.
The big picture: Abramovich was sanctioned by the United Kingdom last month over Russia's invasion of Ukraine and his ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
  • He's currently attempting to sell Chelsea FC, the Premier League soccer club, while two of his yachts have been identified for seizure in Antigua and Barbuda, Reuters reported.
  • Abramovich is one of many Russian oligarchs facing sanctions and seizures because of the invasion and their relationship with the Kremlin.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hopefully, there will be less hiding places, at least in this country.

Oligarchs' big loophole for stashing money - POLITICO

The effort to close anti-money-laundering loopholes was already picking up momentum in Washington even before Russia invaded Ukraine. Twenty-one House lawmakers, including Reps. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), formed the Caucus Against Foreign Corruption and Kleptocracy last June. In addition, regulators are drafting rules to comply with the Corporate Transparency Act, which Congress passed in January 2021 over then-President Donald Trump’s veto to establish reporting requirements on the actual people — called “beneficial owners” — behind various forms of anonymous companies.
But Russia’s war against Ukraine “adds new urgency” to the effort, Whitehouse said.

Reactions: thilanliyan