And the Democrats claim the GOP are racist hicks....

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yet the only former KKK member in the Senate is a Democrat.

Are you an idiot? For the 10th time, that was somelike like 60 years ago when Byrd was a boy in a culture it was common, he's apologized, left, and his votes and statements are not racist.

You want credit for the Republicans only being able to elect racists who are not in the KKK?

OK, I'll agree that's the case.

That unfair to Republicans? Don't post garbage,

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Are you an idiot? For the 10th time, that was somelike like 60 years ago when Byrd was a boy in a culture it was common, he's apologized, left, and his votes and statements are not racist.

Hey, this is just repeating the "Progressive" tactic of smearing those who disagree with one's own personal agenda.

Ever watch MSNBC's nightly talking heads? This is standard practice with their attacks against Republicans and other conservatives.

Does it make it right? No. But does it make him an idiot? No.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Hey, this is just repeating the "Progressive" tactic of smearing those who disagree with one's own personal agenda.

No, it's the agenda of pointing out idiocy and lies for what they are. And you are lying.

Ever watch MSNBC's nightly talking heads? This is standard practice with their attacks against Republicans and other conservatives.

Does it make it right? No. But does it make him an idiot? No.

The word idiot isn't about Republican, it's about repeating the old 'KKK' idiocy after it's debnked 100 times.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Reid made a comment about race, not a racist comment.

Those claiming it to be racist don't understand the meaning of the term.

It was not PC at best. And I hate PC anyway because it encourages people to to conceal their true thoughts.

Comparing this to comments made by others is extremely difficult because there is no commonly accepted "Scale of Offense" chart that allows the various comments to be classified by the magnitude of their offense. Everybody measures these things in their own way.

In my own mental chart, this one might not even make a 2 (1-10). I think many people might agree, but wish to condemn it because it makes the chart at all.

There are so many really big issues that need to be dealt with, it seems to be poor resource management to to expend so much on this issue. It's like complaining about the scuff marks on the floor when your house is on fire.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Who voted against their party? Name 2 Democrats that voted against Hell-thcare.

Which version? You make it sound like *all* of the D's have been behind every one of them. Were that the case it would have passed a long time ago and passed with a public option.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Reid made a comment about race, not a racist comment.

Those claiming it to be racist don't understand the meaning of the term.

It was not PC at best. And I hate PC anyway because it encourages people to to conceal their true thoughts.

Comparing this to comments made by others is extremely difficult because there is no commonly accepted "Scale of Offense" chart that allows the various comments to be classified by the magnitude of their offense. Everybody measures these things in their own way.

In my own mental chart, this one might not even make a 2 (1-10). I think many people might agree, but wish to condemn it because it makes the chart at all.

There are so many really big issues that need to be dealt with, it seems to be poor resource management to to expend so much on this issue. It's like complaining about the scuff marks on the floor when your house is on fire.

Couldn't have put it better myself-but it was probably 1.0-1.5 on my own personal chart. It's ironic to say the least that the people/party that rail against "political correctness" automatically label any discussion of race in relationship to politics as racist.

I view this as one more desperate attempt to derail health care reform, as the GOP has made stopping any reform their number one priority, bar none.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yet the only former KKK member in the Senate is a Democrat.

Yep when in doubt, and you got nothin, trot out this old nugget without any political/historical context! You righties need to read something about dixiecrats, and how the republican partry came to power in the south by usurping the last stance of racism from the pathetic dixiecrats to gain a republican majority in the south.

But troll on!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Nice prediction there, did you roll a magic 8 ball on that one?

Looks like Reid rolled a 7, earthquake in Haiti to the rescue!
I'd be stunned and amazed if Reid won reelection (and not at all surprised if he decided to retire) but for reasons other than this.

bloodugly

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2004
"as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station" - Michelle Obama

Definitely not the first of dumb remarks relating to our president.