And on the lighter side

steell

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2001
"You know the world is going crazy when... 
the best rapper is a white guy,
 the best golfer is a black guy, 
the Swiss hold the America's Cup,
 France is accusing the US of arrogance, 
and Germany doesn't want to go to war."

Courtesy of Louis Ruykeyser:

"Only a nation as desperate to be loved as the United States would fret about, rather than chuckle over, the Orwellian irony of being lectured to about arrogance by the French and about militarism by the Germans."

Tracy Walters

http://www.jerrypournelle.com/mail/mail250.html

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: steell

"Only a nation as desperate to be loved as the United States would fret about, rather than chuckle over, the Orwellian irony of being lectured to about arrogance by the French and about militarism by the Germans."

Tracy Walters

Heard the first one this morning.:D

I also heard a French joke:

The French and the British were fighting a war and the French captured a senior British officer. The commander of all the French forces was interrogating him.
French, " Sir I notice that all the British officers wear a bright red tunic. Why is that?"
Brit., " Well Sir it is so that if we are shot the blood blends in with the uniform and the men don't get worried or start to panic."
French, "Ah I see." The French General got a thoughtful look on his face and left.
Later, the French General issued an order and from that day forward all French military officer's have worn brown pants.

Spyro

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSohmer
Originally posted by: steell

Tracy Walters

Heard the first one this morning.:D

I also heard a French joke:

The French and the British were fighting a war and the French captured a senior British officer. The commander of all the French forces was interrogating him.
French, " Sir I notice that all the British officers wear a bright red tunic. Why is that?"
Brit., " Well Sir it is so that if we are shot the blood blends in with the uniform and the men don't get worried or start to panic."
French, "Ah I see." The French General got a thoughtful look on his face and left.
Later, the French General issued an order and from that day forward all French military officer's have worn brown pants.

LOL :D