And now, for some truly good news (Lions inside this thread)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Looks like some lions enjoyed a tasty snack the other night.

Rhino Poachers

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44728507

Apparently, they were chopped into itty bits, and they were delicious.

This park needs to dedicate a memorial to these lions, maybe award them a comparable Medal of Freedom or some shit. And cordon off the land and allow them to continue their hunt.

This is the best part:

Several lions had to be tranquilised before the remains could be recovered, Mr Fox added.

The lions weren't killed. I believe it is standard policy, almost anywhere, to euthanize proven man-eaters of any species. But these heroes were tranquilized so that the human remains could be safely recovered and the lions could wake up and go about their newly-deputized duties. I believe this to be the proper response in this case.

crap this is more than a week old....is it possible this really hasn't been posted yet? :(

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Looks like some lions enjoyed a tasty snack the other night.

Rhino Poachers

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44728507

Apparently, they were chopped into itty bits, and they were delicious.

This park needs to dedicate a memorial to these lions, maybe award them a comparable Medal of Freedom or some shit. And cordon off the land and allow them to continue their hunt.

This is the best part:

The lions weren't killed. I believe it is standard policy, almost anywhere, to euthanize proven man-eaters of any species. But these heroes were tranquilized so that the human remains could be safely recovered and the lions could wake up and go about their newly-deputized duties. I believe this to be the proper response in this case.

crap this is more than a week old....is it possible this really hasn't been posted yet? :(

I read it a few days ago but didn't think many here would care.

Ma Nature wins at least one small battle. :)

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
1sbche.jpg

!!!!!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
My South African girlfriend was tickled pink by it. This isn't the first time poachers have been killed by predators, but it does seem like a particularly poetic example (especially that there wasn't much left of them to recover).

It's hard to have sympathy for people who'd threaten the very existence of a species in the name of profit... and have to knowingly take dumb risks in the process.