And he was just trying to clean up "Washington Politics"

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I said before that Dean had spent an extraordinary amount of money for the few votes he actually garnered in the primaries..and i predicted that the story had not been full told yet about how that money was spent....well, hereeeeeee's Johnny! (that was the introduction to the Tonite Show,which was the predecessor to the Jay Leno show, which was something like the Daily Show..for all you kids out there..)

Dean paid $7.2 million to aide's company

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
I guess all this really shows is that this guy is perfectly suited to be Vice President... ;)

N

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
That's actually an interesting find. It appears to me that Dean was being wrung dry by Trippi. They were spending too much on t.v. buys too early in the campaign. Trippi must have know that's not a wise strategy since he's in the business. I think it smells....

I don't think it says anything negative about Dean though, unless you count being relatively naive when it comes to buying t.v. time.

-Robert

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
It's sad that Howard the Duck was being used. He should sue. Can he?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Of course he can sue, but I doubt he will. That would be a bit embarrassing I would think, particularly if he's the VP candidate.

Also, we really don't have all the facts. The article is mostly supposition. But if true it is disturbing.

-Robert

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
I don't think it says anything negative about Dean though
course not, he's your hero...as i pointed out in another post..if you extrapolate the amount of money he spent per voter in the primaries, and extrapolate that spending level out to the general election.. he was spending at a rate that would have reached into the BILLIONS for the general election...rather fishy..and quite unsustainable..

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
lol if he was the VP then no one would vote the dem ticket...that would be pretty funny.