Anbyone else offended by the Coke commercial

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
that sang 'America The Beautiful' in different languages? I took a little offence to it. It's great that we are a melting pot but we need an official language once and for all and be done with it. People refusal to adopt the language causes problems on sop many levels. We can't staff every single 911 center with someone that speaks every single language and start putting up road signs in every language.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Maybe if you weren't such a little bitch, you wouldn't be offended.

Nov 25, 2013
that sang 'America The Beautiful' in different languages? I took a little offence to it. It's great that we are a melting pot but we need an official language once and for all and be done with it. People refusal to adopt the language causes problems on sop many levels. We can't staff every single 911 center with someone that speaks every single language and start putting up road signs in every language.

Who is "refusing to adopt the language"?

Who is saying that you need to "staff every single 911 center with someone that speaks every single language and start putting up road signs in every language."?

Feb 4, 2009
Kind of reaching here....commercial....911 operators....official state language (I call big government lover)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Speaking more than one language makes the brain more flexible and liberal. Language switches point of view and causes the brain to consider things from different angles. In Russian, for example, one can't differentiate from speak and say, or so I am told. To speak comes from the vocal cords to the say comes from knowledge.

The greater that language diversity in the US, the greater our economic opportunities around the world. Because my nephew can speak one Indian dialect, he will be worth 500,000,000 by 2050.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Righties are always offended by something, anything, nothing. They love the rush they get from spouting self righteous gibberish.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Who is "refusing to adopt the language"?

Who is saying that you need to "staff every single 911 center with someone that speaks every single language and start putting up road signs in every language."?

There are people that have immigrated and been here a long time that can barely speak 10 words in English.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
I was offended at how much of a shitty watch this turned out to be. YUCK YUCK YUCK this was bad. I'm actually mad and I had no dog in the fight, no bets, nothing. YUCK.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are people that have immigrated and been here a long time that can barely speak 10 words in English.

Ya know what? It's always been that way. Growing up, one of my friend's grandmother only spoke Polish & Yiddish, another's grandmother spoke only Italian.

You must have grown up in a very, very whitebread slice of America.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Ya know what? It's always been that way. Growing up, one of my friend's grandmother only spoke Polish & Yiddish, another's grandmother spoke only Italian.

You must have grown up in a very, very whitebread slice of America.

I hope they never needed to call 911 for anything.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
I didn't realise you only took the tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free if they spoke English.

That song will always be the Blackadder song to me.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
LOL, While that commercial was on I told my wife "I guarantee there will be a lot of outrage about this." She didn't believe me at first, but now I have my proof, thank you for letting me beat my wife ;).

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
That's called a typo. N and B are right next to each other on the keyboard.

However, the irony is so sweet...:biggrin: I hope your young as mindless rages and anger befit those that haven't been exposed to the wide open world...

\haven't seen the ad - but it sounds like a celebration of America...
\\and will you double down and not correct your "typo"...?

Last edited:

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
LOL, While that commercial was on I told my wife "I guarantee there will be a lot of outrage about this." She didn't believe me at first, but now I have my proof, thank you for letting me beat my wife ;).

How often do you beat your wife?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
However, the irony is so sweet...:biggrin: I hope your young as mindless rages and anger befit those that haven't been exposed to the wide open world...

\haven't seen the ad - but it sounds like a celebration of America...
\\and will you double down and not correct your "typo"...?

Want to fix your typo first? Or can you even spot it?