Anarchist's and Juror's Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Maybe I can go get "gassed" in one of those imaginary Nazi gas chambers instead?

We can deal with this version of your craziness another time, this thread is not about that.

And to everyone else, please stop feeding him in this thread and feel free to take it to another thread.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
A few months ago I got curious about the whole holocaust denial thing, I had always just assumed they were a bunch of crackpots, plain and simple. The weird thing is, some of the points they make are actually interesting. The arguments they make are not what I had assumed, and are not nearly as crazy as I had assumed. I'm not saying I agree with their whole premise, but I will say that anyone with a brave sense of intellectual curiosity might want to challenge themselves and go look at some of the more polished arguments. Y'know, just see for yourself.

Again, not saying I sign onto the arguments, just saying I was surprised at their sophistication after having assumed my whole life that holocaust deniers were completely fucking batshit nuts.

Btw, at the same time I looked into that, I looked into the whole moon landing hoax idea, which was another thing I had always just assumed was crazy bullshit. It turned out to be exactly that, crazy bullshit. What disturbed me was that I could not easily dismiss the holocaust stuff in the same way.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
A Saudi national? That probably means we'll go bomb and invade Syria. Brown people who look like Saudis live there, so why not?

Hell, if our criminal government can tie Iraq to 9/11, they can certainly tie Syria to the Boston Marathon bombings.

Yep batshit crazy. If the Ayatollah himself came up and lit the fuse you'd say it wasn't him if we had fingerprints and DNA available to all.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
A Saudi national? That probably means we'll go bomb and invade Syria. Brown people who look like Saudis live there, so why not?

Hell, if our criminal government can tie Iraq to 9/11, they can certainly tie Syria to the Boston Marathon bombings.

And if the government does not use this as an excuse for military action, you just assume we'll all forget you made this prediction. That's how you idiots operate. You make assertions not backed by any evidence, then make whatever wild predictions you think you can get away with. It doesn't matter anyway, since you'll never be called on it. You can be wrong over and over again.

Tell you what, if we bomb Syria in the next year I'll leave the board, and if we don't, you will. How does that sound as a wager?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
A few months ago I got curious about the whole holocaust denial thing, I had always just assumed they were a bunch of crackpots, plain and simple. The weird thing is, some of the points they make are actually interesting. The arguments they make are not what I had assumed, and are not nearly as crazy as I had assumed. I'm not saying I agree with their whole premise, but I will say that anyone with a brave sense of intellectual curiosity might want to challenge themselves and go look at some of the more polished arguments. Y'know, just see for yourself.

Again, not saying I sign onto the arguments, just saying I was surprised at their sophistication after having assumed my whole life that holocaust deniers were completely fucking batshit nuts.

Btw, at the same time I looked into that, I looked into the whole moon landing hoax idea, which was another thing I had always just assumed was crazy bullshit. It turned out to be exactly that, crazy bullshit. What disturbed me was that I could not easily dismiss the holocaust stuff in the same way.

Well shit, I'll have to tell my friend who's grandparents were tattooed and claimed to be imprisoned that it never happened. Next up Imadinnerjacket flies off to Mars and Our Dear Leader rides a unicorn.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Well shit, I'll have to tell my friend who's grandparents were tattooed and claimed to be imprisoned that it never happened. Next up Imadinnerjacket flies off to Mars and Our Dear Leader rides a unicorn.

That was my thought too, but it turns out if you actually look at what they argue (at least the arguments I saw) your friend's grandparents' account is entirely compatible with it.

Disclaimer again: I am not bought into their arguments, just saying if you're a brave, intellectually curious person, you might find it interesting to look into them for yourself. I did. YMMV.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

My grandfather was in WWII. h seen some of the surviviors. Also i have talked to a few that survived a camp (did a report on them in high school).

While yes t here are t hings regarding the Holocaust (such as numbers of people and the money) do not doubt that it really happened.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012

Jews being imprisoned in camps doesn't necessarily mean the larger Holohoax fairytale (gas chambers, "Final Solution", etc...) is true, now does it?

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
My grandfather was in WWII. h seen some of the surviviors. Also i have talked to a few that survived a camp (did a report on them in high school).

While yes t here are t hings regarding the Holocaust (such as numbers of people and the money) do not doubt that it really happened.

Why did he see survivors? If there was a "Final Solution" to kill all the Jews, why were so many still alive in all the camps that were liberated? Why didn't the Germans kill them all before they left?

Hmmm?

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Jews being imprisoned in camps doesn't necessarily mean the larger Holohoax fairytale (gas chambers, "Final Solution", etc...) is true, now does it?

Some say it's true, some say it's not true. You can't convince anyone and they can't convince you. What's true to you isn't true to them. So please lets talk about the bigger picture, which is the degradation of mankind.

Man is destroying himself along with the Earth. All over nothing.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Why did he see survivors? If there was a "Final Solution" to kill all the Jews, why were so many still alive in all the camps that were liberated? Why didn't the Germans kill them all before they left?

Hmmm?

because its harder then you think to kill millions. to doubt that hitler did not order the killing of MILLIONS of jews/gypsies/etc is ignorant.

yes there was survivors and many many died.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000
We still have people alive today who were actually in those concentration camps, and there are still a smattering of kooks who will dismiss that first hand information.

Fast forward 20 or 30 years, when all of those survivors are gone.....and the tiny-brains will have a field day with their conspiracies. And we think that current events message boards are annoying now....

Oct 25, 2006

Hmmm?

Because they were working them to death. They weren't killing everyone, they were killing the old, the weak, the very sick, and the young.

The rest of them were set to work doing manual labor, because its a waste to kill them, when you can get some free work out of them. Also, the Germans didn't have good ways of quickly disposing of the bodies fast enough to keep them from piling up. Hell, many camps were running out of land to make mass graves out of. Getting rid of millions of human bodies is an extremely difficult task, which is why they had to keep their killing rate pace to how fast they could dispose of the bodies similar.

DietDrThunder

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
We still have people alive today who were actually in those concentration camps, and there are still a smattering of kooks who will dismiss that first hand information.

Fast forward 20 or 30 years, when all of those survivors are gone.....and the tiny-brains will have a field day with their conspiracies. And we think that current events message boards are annoying now....

Please, just ignore his posts and maybe he'll just go away.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

My grandfather as well, though he was in the Pacific :)

There's no doubt at all in my mind that some absolutely awful shit happened, but based on the arguments I saw, there is a compelling case to be made that wartime propaganda became somewhat mixed with history, and codified into history.

Again, I'm not decided on this. I do think any intellectually curious person owes it to themselves to investigate the arguments, for themselves, though. You may not reach any solid conclusion, as I myself did not, but I don't think we should ever let ourselves be too comfortable in our assumptions. Or to just dismiss people as crazy because we've been told to.

What your grandfather saw is entirely compatible with what I saw argued, too.

I went on a kick of investigating the arguments behind every big conspiracy theory I could think of, most I ended up at a point of saying "undetermined, but heavily leaning toward the conspiracy theory being BS" the moon landing was one where I concluded it was DEFINITELY BS (the conspiracy theory that is, the moon landing DID happen) - the surprising thing to me was that the holocaust stuff, which I had assumed would be a slam dunk into the "clearly BS" category, was simply not.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
because its harder then you think to kill millions. to doubt that hitler did not order the killing of MILLIONS of jews/gypsies/etc is ignorant.

yes there was survivors and many many died.

What's so hard about it? The thousands upon thousands of Jews liberated from camps were fenced in and completely disarmed. They couldn't put up much of a fight even if they wanted to. The Germans who ran those camps could've killed them with relative ease, but they didn't.

Why?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Well you haven't seen the Pyramids, so they might be a hoax too. 1.1 million died in Auschwitz and no one seriously doubts the evidence. Well no one who thinks the Pyramids aren't real.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012

So what? We still have Japanese people alive who were in U.S. concentration camps, but that doesn't mean there was a Japanese Holohoax.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
[size=+4]Holy crap on a cracker this thread is not about Juror's holocaust denial. It's about the recent bombing in Boston![/size]

Puddle Jumper

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009

My grandfather served in the army during WW2 and was among the earlier groups of allied forces to encounter the concentration camps, trust me they are real.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
So what? We still have Japanese people alive who were in U.S. concentration camps, but that doesn't mean there was a Japanese Holohoax.

To even compare them, outside of the semantics used, shows just how much of an ignorant, wretched moron you are.

At first I thought your account was just a cleverly conceived troll account. Thanks for clearing up the issue showing you're just a mental midget and incompetent of the lowest order.

Status
Not open for further replies.