Anandtech's Bench Beta?

Dec 30, 2004
Cool. Unfort it's synthetics, never can trust those. Anything is better than Tom's Hardware's ad-ridden site though.

formulav8

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2000
IMO I see it as basically useless unless you want to compare same gen cpu's.

Jason

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
well maybe thats why its called beta?

trying to show us we got one now... we could always request what we wanted on if possible..

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: formulav8
IMO I see it as basically useless unless you want to compare same gen cpu's.

Jason

Not sure I'm getting you here... I can compare many CPU's from the last couple of generations in a variety of real-world applications. Seems like a pretty useful tool.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Never can have enough 'tools', however ... In FireFox 3.05 and Mozilla 1.7.13:

crappy interface - does not list chipset, mobo or ram on the 'mouse-over' - can only do 2 CPUs at a time, or, when when you post by benchie for all CPUs bars are not color coded - only one of 31 'comparisons' worked correctly for me in head-to-head (cinebenchr10-multi) - bars were 'overlayed' or stacked on top of one another

In IE:

only one of 31 'comparisons' worked correctly for me in head-to-head (cinebenchr10-multi) - bars were 'overlayed' (better than Firefox-were not on top of one another) - listed chipset, mobo, ram, etc on the 'mouse-over' but it was funky (had to give it 2 or 3 mouseovers) - had to 'launch' 7 activeX controls (not sure how many were associated with the chart)