AnandTech vs Tom's Hardware Folding Comp 2017

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
The details are still being hammered out, but we are hoping that indeed there is a 2017 rematch!

The biggest problem right now is getting hold of Tom's. They don't seem to have a sub-forum dedicated to distributed computing. However we have CommsManagerJ working on that, petrus is onboard for stats, Ken G6 has a stats graph in the works/finished?, Ryan Smith is down with making it a front page announcement, ie: things are looking good. We just need a bit more coordination, an agreement from Tom's, and a start date. (December 8, 2017, 18:00 UTC has been proposed, for either one or two weeks).

Reactions: Thebobo

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Ah, I gotta get back to work. Unless I can find a simple hosting site with ftp access. Then I could be done pretty quickly.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Well, a December race appears off the table, but now we are looking into a "New Year's Challenge."

(this part is more or less a taunt, for any Tom's reader wandering in here. :p) I know they must be quite frightened to accept, but with the front page announcements, they should be able to get their numbers up and maybe be competitive this time.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
No news regarding Tom's to report, but if we can come up with something relevant, interesting, and news-worthy, we may get a side-bar article on the front page for distributed computing in general. I was thinking of perhaps a re-cap of the year 2017 (starting with our victory over Tom's last year), being sure to mention our strong performance during the pentathlon, and formula boinc. I'm off to work so if any of you have time to dig up some results to submit, or have better ideas of something relevant, interesting, and news-worthy please do add that! :)