Anandtech Taboos

CichliSuite

Jan 31, 2001
Wow. I post about four lines, and 139 messages pounce in faster than a group of anandtechers on a booby picture. The accusations of my supposed referrals to specific people, all the girls jumping in defensively assuming that I was talking about them, I think the thread in all its lengthy glory speaks for itself.

However, I think its pretty indicative of the Taboo system at Anandtech, so far I've seen:

1. You don't dare offend any of the girls at anandtech because the horny geeks that shamelessly flirt with them in hopes of god-knows-what type of reciprocation, come trouncing upon you.
2. You can't evne hint at any call for evaluation of America on any level. This time its the wannabe-redneckers and the Marlboro men who come riding in on their Harley to trounce upon you, stifling your speech harsher than the worst communist oppresors, all in the name of liberty and freedom.

Can you think of any more?

xero940

Banned
Jan 6, 2002
Looks like I'm getting up in the heezy before the Master Effect kicks in :D

BTW, where's the "blow me" smiley? Ehh, this'll do <^>:D<^>

Stop crying Cichli...

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000

<< Looks like I'm getting up in the heezy before the Master Effect kicks in :D

BTW, where's the "blow me" smiley? Ehh, this'll do <^>:Q<^>

Stop crying Cichli...
>>

The MLE? :p

<^>:Q<^>

CichliSuite

Jan 31, 2001
I'm not cryinh, just commenting on the state of affairs here.
Anandtech is a nice place, just a little lacking in breadth of opinion sometimes.

ThisisMatt: your humor is so clever!

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
another taboo for ya...not re-starting the same thread that was locked. even if it is "kind of a new topic". i would move on to something else if i were you. JMO

monto

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
yea that taboo #2 is true as can be...no matter how fake the patriotism

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
CichliSuite, the masses have spoken, you don't need another stupid thread.... after 700 posts, I'm suprised you don't know how it works around here.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
what four lines are these? was this that thread about girls on atot and attention?

in general, insulting posts about members are not allowed, it's not limited to the females.

Soulflare

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2000

<< another taboo for ya...not re-starting the same thread that was locked. >>

Taboo? That's more of a given around here, just like the creationism, abortion
and <INSERT CONTENTIOUS ISSUE HERE> threads that appear every 3 days or
so.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<<

<< another taboo for ya...not re-starting the same thread that was locked. >>

Taboo? That's more of a given around here, just like the creationism, abortion
and <INSERT CONTENTIOUS ISSUE HERE> threads that appear every 3 days or
so.
>>

very good point.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001

<< Wow. I post about four lines, and 139 messages pounce in faster than a group of anandtechers on a booby picture. The accusations of my supposed referrals to specific people, all the girls jumping in defensively assuming that I was talking about them, I think the thread in all its lengthy glory speaks for itself.

However, I think its pretty indicative of the Taboo system at Anandtech, so far I've seen:

1. You don't dare offend any of the girls at anandtech because the horny geeks that shamelessly flirt with them in hopes of god-knows-what type of reciprocation, come trouncing upon you.
2. You can't evne hint at any call for evaluation of America on any level. This time its the wannabe-redneckers and the Marlboro men who come riding in on their Harley to trounce upon you, stifling your speech harsher than the worst communist oppresors, all in the name of liberty and freedom.

Can you think of any more?
>>

Basically saying that the girls here are shallow and self centered is what got you slamed.

<< 1. You don't dare offend any of the girls at anandtech because the horny geeks that shamelessly flirt with them in hopes of god-knows-what type of reciprocation, come trouncing upon you. >>

Calling out all the members here will get you pissed on. THat owrks EVERYWHERE NOT JUST HERE!

<< 2. You can't evne hint at any call for evaluation of America on any level. This time its the wannabe-redneckers and the Marlboro men who come riding in on their Harley to trounce upon you, stifling your speech harsher than the worst communist oppresors, all in the name of liberty and freedom. >>

Missed that one IF you posted it- However if you are unable to argue to make a point and want to just shoot of at the mouth with no one calling you on what you post perhaps you should go talk to your mirror. The guy looking back at you may agree with you!

The Few ANTI american Threads I have seen Have been full of total misinformation. When you spit out garbage you should be prepared to get crapped on.

BTW starting a thread JUST TO PISS PEPLE OFF is not a good Idea here!

lepper boy

Golden Member
Nov 2, 1999

<< Looks like I'm getting up in the heezy before the Master Effect kicks in :D

BTW, where's the "blow me" smiley? Ehh, this'll do <^>:D<^>

Stop crying Cichli...
>>

BWAHAHHAHAAAHA!