AnandTech OT Secret Santa 2K12!!!!

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
www.youtube.com
Well now that Halloween is over with, Christmas season is upon us!

Welcome BACK to (or Welcome TO if you are new) the Anandtech Off Topic 2012 Secret Santa!!! Both Jeff (amdskip) and Myself (Matt) will be participating as well this year. For those that don't know, Jeff and I are the ones who have organized this Secret Santa year in and year out. We are hoping for another great turnout!

Questions can be directed to either this thread or via PM to Jeff or I.

We request that the gifts be a minimum of $20 value. Please only sign up if you are serious. The deadline for signing up is November 28th by Midnight, regardless of time zone. (As in, get it in before November 29th in your time zone)

Rules:

1) Please try to mail your gift with enough time to be there before Christmas. They should all be mailed out **December 12th-15th, no later.** If you think it might take longer, please send it out sooner.

2) For the US, we recommend USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. We would say this is the cheapest and fastest way for smaller boxes or packages. It usually takes 3 to 4 business days on average, sometimes shorter, to reach its destination. When you ship out your package to your person, you will be asked to send in the tracking number for the package.

3) For the Canadian and other countries members, please use a trusted shipping method that is trackable. We just want something we can use to see if the package gets there or not.

4) When you get your pairing, you will be assigned to either Jeff or me as your Secret Santa host. At that point, all questions should be PM'd to that host. I won't be able to answer questions for Jeff's listing just as he won't be able to answer for mine.

5) A list of the Secret Santas will be posted after Christmas. No, we won't tell you who your Secret Santa is early.

6) Please try to be helpful in the sign-up form. (i.e. For "Likes" don't put "Stuff" and that's it). Remember, chances are the person that has you has NO idea who you are/what you like... While its fun in family secret santas to not give help, it sucks for strangers over the internet.

7) If we can think of anything else, we will post it here. As for now, thanks for participating and happy (soon to be) holidays!!!

The List:
To read it, its a cycle of 3-4. So Person A->Person B->Person C->Person A. The list is broken by area:

West
thestrangebrew1 Baked OVerLoRDI
DixyCrat mztykal Gothgar
amdskip MonKENy pepperbegs
imported jlee herm0016
hybridsquirrel nsafreak Sixguns

Midwest
bbhaag SpiderWiz DisturbedRamm
Krazy4Real harobikes333 LookBehindYou
szliao214 rudeguy Mixolydian
gillbot Zap SKORPI0
minendo Azndude51 gorcorps
DisgruntledVirus GoPackGo cKGunslinger
mcvickj Fritzo gothamhunter

East/Other
Sentrosi2121 Anubis elganja
shocksyde KidNiki1 Fenixgoon
TangoJuliet Shortylickens PlasmaBomb Karsten
MartyMcFly3 jmolayal msi1337
Soxfan DaTT thescreensavers
Brainonska511 vshah chickadee
datalink7 SunnyD Captante
kaido ilvs Tobolo

Latecomers
eits manlymatt83 zyfer

Last edited:

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
im in, it says minimum $20 is there a max?

Last edited:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I won't be joining this year, but I encourage everyone to do it.

My victim and my SS both had a great time!

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Not sure what to "ask" for this year if I participate. Another GTX 680 4GB would be great for SLI goodness. j/k ;)

My part, I might just put random tech/computer related stuff inside a box and send to recipient hoping that they will appreciate the spirit it was given.

No there is no max but a $20 minimum. Give what you can afford.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
New around here but this sounds like fun. Thanks guys for setting this up and making it happen.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I'd like to first apologize to my victim for the lost package last year due to the thief who jacked his present at his door step. Please PM me so I can send you something again this year.

I love LEGO btw, hint hint.

Gillbot

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Who doesn't?

I'm in. Again. Time to write my usual novel.

edit: Okay, my ATOT 2012 Secret Santa Novel has been written. Apologies yet again (this year) to whichever poor soul gets mine.

We have to write? And put in effort? I didn't think this through......

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
We have to write? And put in effort? I didn't think this through......

dislikes: democrats and forgetting to wash my hands before I pee after I ate hot wings

done!

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
What the hell. I'm in.

Likes: Guitar stuff gadgets, Porsche paraphanilia, and pretty much anything on ThinkGeek.com :)

Dislikes: women's clothing

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
I need to add knives to my likes!

I forgot I bent mine getting a stuck quarter out of the dryer :(