AnandTech just got called out

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I just noticed that HardForums has an "open weekend" meaning you can browse GenMay and some of those other paid forums. I decided to see what they were talking about in their Cars/Motor Vehicles board and found this thread. Post #36 and #38 mentions AnandTech.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Have to be logged in, I don't have an account.

Thanks, jlee. I guess you have to be logged in. Normally you have to pay for GenMay access over there at $5/year but this is a free weekend for normal members.

Basically the thread was about The Forum Wars where reps from two forums race their cars against each other.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Thanks, jlee. I guess you have to be logged in. Normally you have to pay for GenMay access over there at $5/year but this is a free weekend for normal members.

Basically the thread was about The Forum Wars where reps from two forums race their cars against each other.
On a track or in a straight line?

punjabiplaya

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
The Forum Wars was awesome. Saw it here in Houston. MSF was awesome. FYHN!

edit: I donate to MSF too for the same reasons as anyone, great information, awesome vendors, etc...
there are no ads and it's entirely community supported

Last edited:

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
people pay for online forums?

I donate yearly to the Corvette forum. There is so much knowledge on the site that I felt it was worth doing. I have not seen another single make forum with so much information, vendors and contributers.

punjabiplaya

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
Best out of 3.

1) 1/4 mile drag.
2) Autocross track, best of X number of laps (2? 3? unclear but at least 2).
3) Slalom.

this was for the msf vs 8thgen:
1/4 was 2 runs
auto-x was 5 laps
slalom was 3 runs

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
That could be fun. I'd be willing to participate but there are cars on the forum much faster than mine. Some that we probably don't even know about.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
That could be fun. I'd be willing to participate but there are cars on the forum much faster than mine. Some that we probably don't even know about.

Yeah - it'd be fun, but I'd get destroyed. :p

punjabiplaya

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006

from what we (in MSF) learned from competing this season - the driver mod >> car

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Cars only or are bikes allowed? :D

I wouldn't want to run a bike in autox against any car built for autox. :p

Actually I haven't seen an autox course that allowed motorcycles.

Last edited: