AnandTech Forums blocked?

Chumpman

Banned
Feb 26, 2003
If the AT forums are blocked at your work/school/wherever, my friend set up an alternate dns which resolves to the same IP forums.anandtech.com does. This works and you can view, login, and post just as normal (i'm doing it now). This enables me to get around the site censor at my school. The IP is:

[link deleted]

---

Thanks for the support, but ClueLis is right. We cannot support working around bans by your school or workplace, even to our forums. It will just cause further antagonism toward our forums and site. :(

AnandTech Moderator

Chumpman

Banned
Feb 26, 2003
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
cool...

just wondering, does the ip for anandtech forums change sometimes?...

I doubt it, probably not for a long period of time at least. This DNS has been working for the past 3 weeks or so since I set it up.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Thanks!

Strangely, ATOT at work is really slow for me now. I wonder if they are doing something to slow it down somehow. ATOT at home work fine though.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Why would anantech be blocked? If you're blocking a simple technology site like anantech, you might as well unplug the internet connection from the wall.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Why would anantech be blocked? If you're blocking a simple technology site like anantech, you might as well unplug the internet connection from the wall.

a lot of companies ban visiting ANY form of messageboard, i know Kmart's software is kicking most everything i goto (for work related stuff).

-=bmacd=-