An Interesting Stat for all you Hip-Hop Lovers/Haters...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

joe678

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I don't remember the last time I actually listened to the radio. :confused:

Originally posted by: joe678
the funniest thing is watching ppl dance to rock/country/heavy metal music...:D

Never been to a mosh pit, have you. :)

nah prefer the clubs... less likely to get elbowed in the eye it seems... :p

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Josh
Originally posted by: shady06
it is kinda sad that most people who say rap suck dont even know of people/groups like binary star, alchemist, planet asia, reflection eternal, talib, and DJ babu

Talib Kwali is amazing. Alchemist is good. Deltron (yea, I know you didn't mention it) is not bad.

the problem is most people who say rap sucks have only heard JayZ, Nas, em, cash money and people of the sort

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
You should definately check out Binary Star. AWESOME music.

And yes..Mos Def and Taib Kweli are awesome as well. That's what real rap is, not this 50-cent and Bone Crusher crap thats always on the radio now!

Hell, even Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and Binary Star critizice the current state of affairs in the rap/hiphop industry. You should check out "The Manifesto" by Talib Kweli and "New Hip Hop" by Binary Star.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
That's because the people that listen to rap can't hold real jobs, & thus can't afford CD players.

Who actually listens to the radio in the car?

[EDIT]Or anywhere for that matter?[/EDIT]

Viper GTS

me.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
it is kinda sad that most people who say rap suck dont even know of people/groups like binary star, alchemist, planet asia, reflection eternal, talib, and DJ babu

Not my thing. You could force me to listen to it and I can almost guarantee that I will still dislike all those groups/bands/people/whatever.

I like guitars (lead and rhythm), drums (not drum machines), bass (bass guitar not some sort of machine generated thumping), and a vocalist.

stormbv

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2000
A lot of radio stations that play popular music play some of the ultra-popular rap songs, and some people who don't normally listen to rap music or buy rap albums like those songs. Take my mom for example...hates rap, but loves that one Sean Paul song :)P)

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: stormbv
A lot of radio stations that play popular music play some of the ultra-popular rap songs, and some people who don't normally listen to rap music or buy rap albums like those songs. Take my mom for example...hates rap, but loves that one Sean Paul song :)P)

Yeah but Sean Paul is awesome..and he isn't rap..he's in Dancehall Reggae catagory. You should check out his older songs like "Infilitrate" or "Sexy Punkie" or "Haffi Gyal" with him and Mr. Vegas.

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Not my thing. You could force me to listen to it and I can almost guarantee that I will still dislike all those groups/bands/people/whatever.

I like guitars (lead and rhythm), drums (not drum machines), bass (bass guitar not some sort of machine generated thumping), and a vocalist.

by no means am i saying you'll like the music, but in my experiance, my friends who dont like rap like this stuff better than the $hit on the radio