An informing youtube video about Obama

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Originally posted by: Budmantom
Non issue to whom? because a lot of people have voiced concerns, I know a lot of people follow blindly but not everyone.

It should be a non-issue to everybody. We all have associated ourselves with people who we don't agree 100% with. I know I certainly have some figures in my past and present who have ideas that greatly diverge from my own. Many I would count as my closest friends. However, just because they don't agree with 100% of whatever I believe doesn't mean I should remove them from my life.

If all we did was seek out the exact same copies of our own opinions our lives would be much more silo'd and far less fruitful.

It's sad everybody thinks that we should all be borg-minded.

I agree but we should align ourselves with the person that we agree the least either.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
Non issue to whom? because a lot of people have voiced concerns, I know a lot of people follow blindly but not everyone.

It should be a non-issue to everybody. We all have associated ourselves with people who we don't agree 100% with. I know I certainly have some figures in my past and present who have ideas that greatly diverge from my own. Many I would count as my closest friends. However, just because they don't agree with 100% of whatever I believe doesn't mean I should remove them from my life.

If all we did was seek out the exact same copies of our own opinions our lives would be much more silo'd and far less fruitful.

It's sad everybody thinks that we should all be borg-minded.

I agree but we should align ourselves with the person that we agree the least either.

Wtf is that supposed to mean?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
This thread is a perfect example of how there is a wall between republicans and democrats.

Its a big fat fvcking brick wall that is about 15 feet high and 10000000000 feet long.

And Dems are on one side in a circle and repubs are on the other side in a circle.

And they can all hear each other talk, but they can never come together.

And ever since birth our parents taught us we HAVE to throw rocks over the wall. And that is what most of us ever really do.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think you've made my point.

Wrong. You didn't have a point. You have an opinion. It doesn't make you right. This is a troll thread, plain and simple. If you want (expect?) intelligent discussion don't look for it in a thread based on the Email spam crap I delete. What's next, a thread linking Obama to 419 Nigerian scammers? Of course, anyone who called someone a troll for that kind of thread would be a howling Obama jackel, right? Sheez... :roll:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Robor
I think you've made my point.

Wrong. You didn't have a point. You have an opinion. It doesn't make you right. This is a troll thread, plain and simple. If you want (expect?) intelligent discussion don't look for it in a thread based on the Email spam crap I delete. What's next, a thread linking Obama to 419 Nigerian scammers? Of course, anyone who called someone a troll for that kind of thread would be a howling Obama jackel, right? Sheez... :roll:

Let's see if you have any intelligen dialogue in you, prove me wrong.

The 100 present votes, is it true and if it is does it bother you?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
that tha is thr funnest viddio i ervar don see of that tha colored fellow.... i cantis evers votes fer hims......

/give me a moment while I spits some chaw from my mouth.....

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
that tha is thr funnest viddio i ervar don see of that tha colored fellow.... i cantis evers votes fer hims......

I see you support Obama, you'll fit right in.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Until you and your like can offer more than a Playschool/nitwit/halfwit/bullshit reason why I shouldn't support Mr. Obama, then yes I do support him.

Until then, cram this video up your ass....

Caveman

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford
You weren't anti-Obama before this? Give me a break...seriously.

I'm getting a little sick of these gutless Republicans who aren't willing to stand up and say what they think about anyone. Support Obama, don't support him...whatever. But enough with this "I'm just an unbiased concerned citizen" BS. Nobody is buying it, and it's annoying as hell to have to sit through dyed in the wool conservatives "discover" all these things to be fake concerned about.

I'm just an unbiased concerned citizen. Really... I don't like Nancy or President Bush. I have no party leaning one way or the other. Consider me the "perfect independent".

That said, Obama reveals himself to be as much a politician as any other politician.

And... the blind, irrational exhuberance over Obama that's found in so many posts on this board is not only puzzling, but disappointing.

Who's not being objective here? Operation: Pot Calling the Kettle Black.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007

Until you and your like can offer more than a Playschool/nitwit/halfwit/bullshit reason why I shouldn't support Mr. Obama, then yes I do support him.

:beer:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

I think people like you should support Obama and I hope I didn't indicate that you should vote for anyone else.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

I think people like you should support Obama and I hope I didn't indicate that you should vote for anyone else.

okay - what "people like me" do you mean?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Caveman
Originally posted by: Rainsford
You weren't anti-Obama before this? Give me a break...seriously.

I'm getting a little sick of these gutless Republicans who aren't willing to stand up and say what they think about anyone. Support Obama, don't support him...whatever. But enough with this "I'm just an unbiased concerned citizen" BS. Nobody is buying it, and it's annoying as hell to have to sit through dyed in the wool conservatives "discover" all these things to be fake concerned about.

I'm just an unbiased concerned citizen. Really... I don't like Nancy or President Bush. I have no party leaning one way or the other. Consider me the "perfect independent".

That said, Obama reveals himself to be as much a politician as any other politician.

And... the blind, irrational exhuberance over Obama that's found in so many posts on this board is not only puzzling, but disappointing.

Who's not being objective here? Operation: Pot Calling the Kettle Black.

Oh now you've done it! You have pointed out the obvious!!!

WTF is wrong with you man???

;)

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

are you sure you want to know?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Knock my socks off........

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

people like you - that can't disagree without resorting to profanity and name calling

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

people like you - that can't disagree without resorting to profanity and name calling

I said if you agree this video you are a moron and could cram it up your ass - so then would it be fair to say you totally support this video?

You see, at this point - it's up to you to back up the claims made in this video - other than running away...

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

I said if you agree this video you are a moron and could cram it up your ass - so then would it be fair to say you totally support this video?

You see, at this point - it's up to you to back up the claims made in this video - other than running away...

I can't say that I believe everything in that video but all the Obama supports can say is "is that the best you got?", no disputing the facts. For the most part you get an FU A** Hole.

My point of contention is that a great deal of Obama supporters have a hard time with rational thought and resort to profanity and insults and you have done a great job in illustrating my point. Thank you :)

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
UberNeuman perhaps you could help me in your own special way?

That video states that Obama voted present 100 times, is that true and if so does that bother you?

Try to give me a well thought out answer, I really want to know.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

I can't say that I believe everything in that video but all the Obama supports can say is "is that the best you got?", no disputing the facts. For the most part you get an FU A** Hole.

My point of contention is that a great deal of Obama supporters have a hard time with rational thought and resort to profanity and insults and you have done a great job in illustrating my point. Thank you :)

So what in the video do you find believable?

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
UberNeuman perhaps you could help me in your own special way?

That video states that Obama voted present 100 times, is that true and if so does that bother you?

Try to give me a well thought out answer, I really want to know.

Please answer my question and I'll be happy to answer yours, it's a 13 minute video are you looking for anything specific?

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
I stopped at about 1:30 when the video tried to convince me that Obama's middle name of Hussein had any fucking relevance. What a pathetic video.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
:roll: This thread is so retarded.
This shows just why jerks like GW Bush get in office.
People like the OP = head in ass...

Legend

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2005
BTW what's with him not putting his hand over his heart?

Absolutely irrelevant. Petty symbolic gestures mean nothing. Policy means everything.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Legend
BTW what's with him not putting his hand over his heart?

Absolutely irrelevant. Petty symbolic gestures mean nothing. Policy means everything.

I know a few people that's not irrelivant to.