An informing youtube video about Obama

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Did you watch the McSame videos?

The guy digs a nice, deep grave for himself.

His strategy to "win" was a failure from the beginning. Any candidate who flip-flops on their policies to be *more* similar to GWB is taking a political poison pill, and that's exactly what McSame has done over the last few years.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Anything anti-obama will get you lynched on this forum OP. The majority (say 70% or so) are pro obama here. Learn to pick your battles. I watch in amusement as droves of pitchforks and torches constantly raid threads with poison on their tongues and anger in their hearts devouring any who may oppose.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: soccerballtux
Your guys' arguments against this video just prove something I've come to find all along-- liberals can't form a logical argument. You resort to flaming and other useless rhetoric.
Referencing the number of views on youtube and inferring that somehow this makes one video better than the other? Are you seroius? Because the internet is not disproportionally occupied by under 25 year olds. Right. Grow up and write something persuasive for once. You all act like a bunch of 17 year old chillins.

I've seen far better arguments against Obama from the right than I've seen both from Obama and against McCain from the left.
I'm afraid you're just not getting it honey. With one possible exception, nobody in this thread is really making a serious effort to refute your video. That's because we all consider it -- and you -- to be a joke. All of these incredibly lame attempts to smear Obama are beyond pathetic, wild, hate-filled rants by squealing children. Get back to us when you have something rational and substantive.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Anything anti-obama will get you lynched on this forum OP. The majority (say 70% or so) are pro obama here. Learn to pick your battles. I watch in amusement as droves of pitchforks and torches constantly raid threads with poison on their tongues and anger in their hearts devouring any who may oppose.

But just think what would have happenned if Ron whats his name was still in the hunt...lolol

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

But just think what would have happenned if Ron whats his name was still in the hunt...lolol

What would the forums be like if you didn't constantly troll?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

One could ask the same about you.

On topic: This is really a non-issue. People have others in their lives that may or may not be highly controversial. Those people can add significantly to your own life and give many good perspectives. You might not agree with everything they say, but as long as they have some good things, then they should be kept around.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

Of course you of all people, higher than any, who could ever be on your level? Because you sir are awesome. No one is above thy holiness :disgust:

Good luck pointing out "constantly trolling" from my posts. I'll see you in two years when you find enough ;)

On topic: This is really a non-issue. People have others in their lives that may or may not be highly controversial. Those people can add significantly to your own life and give many good perspectives. You might not agree with everything they say, but as long as they have some good things, then they should be kept around.

It isn't an issue I agree. Just another political tactic used to smear another. Although it does give one a second look, its still not a deal breaker IMO. The deal was broke a long time ago with me.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wasn't exactly anti-Obama before this

Good. Start off with a bullshit lie.

I knew about his insane pastor; but did not know he was his mentor.
Then you're clueless and/or haven't been paying attention because it was all over the news networks as well as this forum for several months.

This puts some context into not putting his hand over heart during the anthem, and not wearing a flag pin. I see why the media made such a big deal out of it. They should have.

Obama has worn a pin where he feels it's appropriate. Also, it's not the pledge where you're supposed to place your hand over your heart. It's the national anthem. I don't put my hand over my heart during it either. I remove my hat (if I'm wearing one) and stand to show respect.

Your guys' arguments against this video just prove something I've come to find all along-- liberals can't form a logical argument.

You make a trollish thread linking a video about idiotic half-truths found in chain letter Emails and you argue logic? That's rich.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Of course you of all people, higher than any, who could ever be on your level? Because you sir are awesome. No one is above thy holiness :disgust:

Good luck pointing out "constantly trolling" from my posts. I'll see you in two years when you find enough ;)

Why thank you. It's about time you recognized your economic/finance knowledge is woefully inadequate. I'll take this to mean you won't be sniping/trolling from the sidelines in debated threads?

It isn't an issue I agree. Just another political tactic used to smear another. Although it does give one a second look, its still not a deal breaker IMO. The deal was broke a long time ago with me.

[/quote]

You never had a "deal", since your only "dealer" was RP and he was never a contender to begin with. You have to be taken seriously to compete and nobody ever took him seriously. Marginalized fringies are often like that.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Why thank you. It's about time you recognized your economic/finance knowledge is woefully inadequate. I'll take this to mean you won't be sniping/trolling from the sidelines in debated threads?

You never had a "deal", since your only "dealer" was RP and he was never a contender to begin with. You have to be taken seriously to compete and nobody ever took him seriously. Marginalized fringies are often like that.

Thump the chest more. Show us your ego and how great you are. Feel better?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Yes, thank you. Now, the real question is, do you feel better? After all, we must soothe the also-rans. We wouldn't want to go around thinking nobody cares.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
This thread sucks a lot more than usual regardless of your political views. I come into a lot of threads really disliking them but in the vast majority of cases I at least walk away learning something small. This thread has absolutely no substance.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, thank you.

You're welcome.

Now, the real question is, do you feel better? After all, we must soothe the also-rans. We wouldn't want to go around thinking nobody cares.

As long as your ego isn't bruised the world sleeps safely for one more day :)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Your guys' arguments against this video just prove something I've come to find all along-- liberals can't form a logical argument. You resort to flaming and other useless rhetoric.
Referencing the number of views on youtube and inferring that somehow this makes one video better than the other? Are you seroius? Because the internet is not disproportionally occupied by under 25 year olds. Right. Grow up and write something persuasive for once. You all act like a bunch of 17 year old chillins.

I've seen far better arguments against Obama from the right than I've seen both from Obama and against McCain from the left.

You post something like the video in your OP and then complain about an excess of useless rhetoric and illogical arguments? You argue for people to grow up and write something persuasive after posting that video!?

To quote your esteemed video: "WHEN WE ARE AT WAR WITH ISLAM, CAN WE AFFORD TO ELECT SOMEONE WITH THREE ISLAMIC NAMES!?!!" Jesus man. You should expect nothing but ridicule.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Yes, because YOUR posts are overflowing with helpful information and well argued positions. Seriously, it might be a point well taken from someone else...but from you it just sounds ridiculous.

Edit: And you know what they say, garbage in, garbage out. You started this discussion, if you want an intelligent, high minded debate, you've got to start the discussion that way.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Let's just clear the air, this is a preemptive strike.

Obama is a sleeper agent for Hamas, his birth certificate was a forgery, he was hatched in a secret laboratory by exiled Nazi war criminals, his wife hates white people, America, apple pie, and the Yankees. He has already built secret gas chambers for the Jews, Christians, and white people who won't pay for slavery reparations. There is also going to be a caravan of reverse slave ships that will ship people to Liberia.

Ok, I think that covers the next 5 or so troll threads.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: magomago
Horrible post. Others left it as that...but I'll expand a little because I have time.

"Three islamic names?" Are they stupid? I hope the realize that Arabic is a language on its own...especially for Barack/Baraka.

Funny how they quote Kennedy to make it seem like Obama's name is an issue, when Kennedy is gung ho for Obama. Doesn't it say something about the opposition when they are truly complaining about his name?
I LOLED at "every aspect of their background must be scrutinized". I actually agree with that, but I'm not interested in the methods that we have used to scrutinized past presidents: question whether or not someone really served in vietnam or needed metals, question whether someone smoked pot. Let us question about the relevant issues - not stupid shit.
Even these "facts" are incredibly biased. They refer to his father as a Muslim from Kenya, but his mother as an American. Why not refer to his father as an American immigrant, or his mother as a [insert religious group here] from the US? It shows the power of labels, and more important the power that one carries when vested with the power to create those labels.

Why imply that Obama approved and was aware of whatever flag was on ONE of the MANY campaign offices? And then try to draw a later connection to Che? Is this not paranoia?

If you ever noticed, this country and its culture IS historically controlled by rich white people. IS this a surprise to you? Perhaps you should take any basic class in the social sciences or sociology. Even when it goes on about Black Power, one has to understand where it came from, why it came about (because even with all the gains through peaceful action of MLK there was still violence against blacks. It wasn't about blacks wanting to kill whites in the way it is described, it is now about blacks no longer asking for equality in the system, and instead wanting only self determination to be as they prefer), where it was headed (and what Malcom X began to write about after his trip to Mecca). Even then, this is a piss poor description of something socially complex, but it does a much better job than what Hannity was trying to pull. Too bad I can't find the rest of that to watch.

Geez i'm not an Obama supporter, but there is so much shit in this...as if our war on terror is working, as if SPEAKING to others undermines this 'war' (which is what? Blow up people we don't agree with? Funny how he puts in Kim Jong Il when we AREN'T trying to pwn him)

Just more and more FUD and twsting the reality.

The reality is that Obama won't be as wonderful or horrible that both sides try to push him as....yet it is done anyways

Most people here think that all the issue aren't relevant, nothing that Obama says or does is that bad.

I can't say that I believe everything in that video but all the Obama supports can say is "is that the best you got?", no disputing the facts. For the most part you get an FU A** Hole.

You have mods saying that we don't have any "howling Obama jackals" but this thread proves otherwise. If anybody brings up anything anti-Obama they are a troll.

BTW you have made an attempt to put together some kind of argument and that can't be said for many others...

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

What gets me is it's so hard to get any meaningful dialogue, either you support Obama or your a troll and probably worse.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Non issue to whom? because a lot of people have voiced concerns, I know a lot of people follow blindly but not everyone.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Budmantom

What gets me is it's so hard to get any meaningful duologue, either you support Obama or your a troll and probably worse.

You see, this is a troll post.

There are many good and valid criticisms of Obama and his policies. The video in this thread and posts like yours are not part of that grouping.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Non issue to whom? because a lot of people have voiced concerns, I know a lot of people follow blindly but not everyone.

It should be a non-issue to everybody. We all have associated ourselves with people who we don't agree 100% with. I know I certainly have some figures in my past and present who have ideas that greatly diverge from my own. Many I would count as my closest friends. However, just because they don't agree with 100% of whatever I believe doesn't mean I should remove them from my life.

If all we did was seek out the exact same copies of our own opinions our lives would be much more silo'd and far less fruitful.

It's sad everybody thinks that we should all be borg-minded.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Most people here think that all the issue aren't relevant, nothing that Obama says or does is that bad.

That is an ignorant and untrue statement.

I can't say that I believe everything in that video but all the Obama supports can say is "is that the best you got?", no disputing the facts. For the most part you get an FU A** Hole.

Given the content WTF did you expect?

You have mods saying that we don't have any "howling Obama jackals" but this thread proves otherwise. If anybody brings up anything anti-Obama they are a troll.

If you post a trollish thread you should expect to get called on it.

BTW you have made an attempt to put together some kind of argument and that can't be said for many others...

Kudos to magomago for that - I wont waste too much time feeding trolls.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Robor

That is an ignorant and untrue statement.

Given the content WTF did you expect?

If you post a trollish thread you should expect to get called on it.

Kudos to magomago for that - I wont waste too much time feeding trolls.

I think you've made my point.