An Indiana pastor confessed to ‘adultery.’ The woman cried out: ‘I was just 16.’ Congregation proceeds to comfort and pray for pastor, NOT the woman.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
He keeps repeating that it was 20 years ago…and how the fuck does he think that does his image any favors?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If my parochial school education taught me anything it is that most of these people are absolute raging hypocrites who will never be actually accountable for their actions.
See post #3

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Can he be criminally charged? I mean they have his confession on video.
Assuming she wants to press charges.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003

Since she was a minor when the crime happened I think a local or state prosecutor could charge him whether she wants to or not. Not sure about feds.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Unfortunately the statue of limitations in Indiana is 5 years for sexual abuse.

• Wow
Reactions: balloonshark

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is pretty common in evangelical circles - powerful men in them do this sort of shit all the time and so long as they apologize or whatever it's fine.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is pretty common in evangelical circles - powerful men in them do this sort of shit all the time and so long as they apologize or whatever it's fine.
Which explains why it's pretty common. In exchange for the abuse of children one gets to feel holier than thou. People feel worthless inwardly and will do anything to feel better about themselves. Not a bad deal if one can avoid seeing oneself.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Which explains why it's pretty common. In exchange for the abuse of children one gets to feel holier than thou. People feel worthless inwardly and will do anything to feel better about themselves. Not a bad deal if one can avoid seeing oneself.
In my experience it's more the patriarchal nature of the evangelical community. A woman who did the same thing would be ostracized.

Reactions: K1052

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
He keeps repeating that it was 20 years ago…and how the fuck does he think that does his image any favors?

What gets me is that they cheer about him "confessing" and "repenting" 20 years later, when they were given the reason why this confession is suddenly being made after all these years. It's because her older brother saw the pastor in bed with her back then, and was threatening to go public about it.

Something about religion just short circuits the brain.

Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Irony: The woman is a hardcore Trumper and anti-vax loon.

Bobi Gephart's page is awash in Trump support and anti-vax conspiracy theories. Including claims about the vaccines chipping people.

Screenshot 2022-05-24 141148.jpg

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In my experience it's more the patriarchal nature of the evangelical community. A woman who did the same thing would be ostracized.
The abusers are typically patriarchal because the feelings of insecurity they experience is because it is women who determine who they are willing to have sex with. Without patriarchy men who feel inferior also feel that on an equal playing field they would have no chance. So it is inferiority among men that creates the desire for patriarchy but it is inferiority of men and women that make have the desire to feel holier than thou by practicing church approved forgiveness. It's all from the same root so while you are right, in my opinion, there is a more encompassing way of understanding why.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
Wow she is quite the nutcase. Poor kids have to grow up with her as their mom.. what are the odds they turn out normal. It doesn't excuse the horrible pastor, but does go to show the garbage dumpster that is evangelical christianity.