Discussion An idea that I thought of, but later dropped as it sounds a little dumb and would not be sustainable on long run.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I once had an idea at beginning of the new Texas school law battle, to open up a GoFundMe account, and acquire funds to open up a system of private schools in the state of Texas. There would be one private school ( each school building would be 5 stories and 17 acres in land area, the total school property of each school would be 30 acres land area, and would teach students from Pre-K to 12), in each of the following counties:
*Denton
*Collin
*Harris
*Dallas
*Bexar
*Lubbock
*Tarrant
*Travis

The school motto would have been "We do not teach CRT, but we do teach civil rights movement and womens suffrage." The school would not follow the curriculum of the state of Texas, as it would not be a public school, but would instead follow the curriculum of the state of New York. However, curriculum involving state history would follow the curriculum of the state of Texas state history guidelines. The private school system disciplinary code would be nearly an exact copy of the New York State Public School system disciplinary code.

The school would have had an admission cost of only 1 cent, and the annual attendance cost is also 1 cent. The school provided lunch would only have been 1 cent. The school staff annual salary would have been $75K a year. It would have also included:
*Medical, dental, vision, mental, cancer treatment, and drug coverage and with coverage for even preexisting conditions.
*Paid time off.
*Paid paternity leave for 4 years.
*Paid public transit to and from work or school-owned provided car.
*401K.
*Teachers Union friendly.
*Paid continuous learning opportunities.
*Relocation assistance.

All parents admitting their students to the school system would have had to sign an agreement statement. In the agreement statement it would have said that, if the parent falsely accused the school system of any actions, including any false claims of indoctrinated teachings, the parent would have to pay for the full school maintenance and staff salary cost of the next school year, or for the school year after had the next school year has already been paid for. The school system would also have had the right to file a defamation law suit against the parent had such an incident occurred. This is the case regardless if their child still goes to the school or not. Furthermore, the agreement would have stated that, the school system has the right to expel students who are in grades 9 or above, if it comes to the knowledge of the staff that the student is involved in antisemitic or racist activities. It would also state that, in any incident where school system staff feel their life are in danger multiple times by a student's parent, the school has the right to call the police and/or child endangerment services and/or expel the student, just to ensure the safety of the staff. The agreement would have stated in bold words that, such expulsions are grounds for the school system to not reimburse any previous fees or fees for the current school year.

Now here is the reason why I dropped the idea even before i started the first step towards it. After a while I realized that the monetary support for the school would only come from donations and GoFundMe. Also, I am not sure that there would be enough donations from GoFundMe to even implement such a large scaled massive project. Another issue would be community backlash, especially from conservative parts of the counties involved, and I do not want to deal with that. I also barely know much about the educational laws of Texas. Thus I dropped the idea.