An easy way to check multiple sites at once?

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
There are like 10 sites I check daily (evening), and I was wondering if there's a way to set a browser (Firefox maybe?) to open all of them at once. I just have 'em bookmarked for now.

Oct 20, 2005
Just use Firefox and bookmark all the pages into a folder. Then just ctrl click the folder and all 10 websites (or however many) will open in tabs.

Well, you should also make sure that your settinsg open the bookmarks in tabs.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
If you put them in a folder in your book marks and then click on bookmarks and then that folder, at the bottom there is an option called "Open in tabs" and it will open them all up in separate tabs.

Firefox btw.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Schfifty Five
Just use Firefox and bookmark all the pages into a folder. Then just ctrl click the folder and all 10 websites (or however many) will open in tabs.

yep. that works for firefox.

if you want an IE-based solution, I used to use a browser called Maxthon. It had a cool little feature that let you save all your currently open tabs into a group, allowing you to recall them later.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001

Originally posted by: lokiju
If you put them in a folder in your book marks and then click on bookmarks and then that folder, at the bottom there is an option called "Open in tabs" and it will open them all up in separate tabs.

Firefox btw.
Thanks, I did not know that. I use IE, but I'll give Firefox a try.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac

yep. that works for firefox.

if you want an IE-based solution, I used to use a browser called Maxthon. It had a cool little feature that let you save all your currently open tabs into a group, allowing you to recall them later.
Does Maxthon work with IE or is it separate? For example, if I get security updates for IE, will they apply to Maxthon too?

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
get Opera: a nice avanced and very fast browser. Open all the sites you want and save it as a session. then set opera to open that session every time it opens and viola! whenever you open opera, all you sites will begin loading. easier then FF's crl+click.

chcarnage

Golden Member
May 11, 2005
In Firefox/Mozilla, open all these pages in tabs, and then chose Bookmarks > Bookmark this group of tabs in the Menu.

NatePo717

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2005
Get Session Saver for firefox. Saves all the open tabs you had when you closed the browser and reopens them when you start Firefox back up.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Session Saver extension: Link

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: NatePo717
Get Session Saver for firefox. Saves all the open tabs you had when you closed the browser and reopens them when you start Firefox back up.

bingo

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Type the links into the home page setting for firefox and delimit them by |. Pressing the home button will open all the links as tabs.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: neutralizer
Type the links into the home page setting for firefox and delimit them by |. Pressing the home button will open all the links as tabs.
Interesting, I didn't know this.

OP, are these sites that have RSS feeds? If so use an RSS reader and you can easily scan the latest headlines. I use that to peruse the web's latest tech news/etc in Thunderbird

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
if you want to stay with IE based browsing I suggest "slimbrowser". Similar to firefox, but in IE code. Not a bad little browser