An alien which can jump 30 ft high, can't break a pantry door?

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
How is that possible?

I am talking about the movie Signs. We are told that the aliens are not very good with doors, as one get trapped inside a pantry and can't come out. But then in the last scene, they show the aliens trying to enter the room by turning the door knob. That is all it takes to work a door, so how were they not good at it?

I know the movie's focus wasn't aliens, but the how the main character fights the demons within to overcome his difficulties (Aliens).

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
How is that possible?

I am talking about the movie Signs. We are told that the aliens are not very good with doors, as one get trapped inside a pantry and can't come out. But then in the last scene, they show the aliens trying to enter the room by turning the door knob. That is all it takes to work a door, so how were they not good at it?

I know the movie's focus wasn't aliens, but the how the main character fights the demons within to overcome his difficulties (Aliens).

a better question is how do creatures survive for as long as they do on planet earth, considering their weakness.
and what the hell would they do with us once we've been harvested?!?! we are like 75-80% water!

but im sure this was all discussed when the film first came out.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
A lot of basketball players can jump pretty high, but they're pretty stupid.

The same alien race that can not read thoughts protected with aluminum foil hats.

What do you want for dinner ?

Justorq

Aug 2, 2001
uhm sure there buddy ... I think you shouldn't really think about these things while watching the movie ....

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Hmm... ever stop to think what it means when it was stated that aliens aren't good with doors ? You can't take any of that at face value.