Amex Gold Rewards Plus

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
I just got an application from American Express for a Gold Rewards Plus card. Long story short, my Fico score probably isn't up to their standards (594). My score is rising as some personal situations get resolved and debts are payed down (and on time), and my company provides me with an Amex Corporate card that has always been in good standing (but which doesn't show up on my credit report).

So, should I even bother responding to this application they sent me? It has an RSVP number. I'd love to have gas, phone bill, groceries, etc. on this card earning points every month, and payed off on time (I know not to fvck w/ Amex :D )

Thoughts?

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: kyparrish
my company provides me with an Amex Corporate card that has always been in good standing (but which doesn't show up on my credit report).

If it doesn't show up and you know it, why do you mention it?

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
Originally posted by: tfinch2
my company provides me with an Amex Corporate card that has always been in good standing (but which doesn't show up on my credit report).

Well, my name is on the corporate card itself, and amex sends me the bill every month that I pay, so I was wondering if they had their own internal list or something of people they would send an app to

Keyvan

Dec 13, 2004
chances are that yes. they got your name from a list of corporate clients. they figure that if your company is trusting you with a corporate card then maybe you're a responsible candidate for their card.
however, it's just a form, and if you know that your score is too low, then you shouldn't apply til your score actually rises.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Originally posted by: tfinch2

Well, my name is on the corporate card itself, and amex sends me the bill every month that I pay, so I was wondering if they had their own internal list or something of people they would send an app to

I used to have a amex corporate card myself and it doesn't show up either