Amex cash advance over the counter without pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Any Amex cardholders here know if you can walk into a bank and get a cash advance over the counter without a pin #?

I couldn't find anything on their site dealing with this specific issue. I'm going out of town and have ordered a Pin# for this first time, but it doesn't seem to be getting delivered on time.

And yes, I will be paying this right off because I know you pay thru the ying-yang for these.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
at my bank (wells fargo) there is no need for a pin to do cash advances on credit or (other bank) debit cards.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: hdeck
at my bank (wells fargo) there is no need for a pin to do cash advances on credit or (other bank) debit cards.

Specifically, American Express Blue? I'm not concerned about Visa or MC.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
What did AmEx say when you called them?

The guy at AmEx was checking for me but I'm at work and could not sit on hold. I will call later when I have time to be on hold. I was just hoping someone here had the quick answer.

LOL, what am I doing asking here? Most 13yo's don't have credit cards. :)

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
What did AmEx say when you called them?

The guy at AmEx was checking for me but I'm at work and could not sit on hold. I will call later when I have time to be on hold. I was just hoping someone here had the quick answer.

LOL, what am I doing asking here? Most 13yo's don't have credit cards. :)

Most AmEx reps are pretty good, I'm surprised you would have to wait on hold for more than 30 seconds for an answer if they didn't know right away. Sure that's not an excuse and you haven't actually called? ;)

God I hope the average age here isn't 13, I've been working in the credit card industry since 1997 and that's pretty close to 13 years. I know Visa and MC don't require the pin for OTC, I seriously doubt Amex would.

edit: this may or may not count for blue:

http://www10.americanexpress.c...3550,00.asp#cashaccess

Status
Not open for further replies.