America's forgotten minority.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Why do the Hispanics DESERVE any SPECIAL attention? If they're American citizens, they're deserving of the same kind of attention the rest of us get.

I think the point he is trying to make is that the media and the political types always talk so much about Black voters and such, yet Blacks as a whole only comprise a mere 12% of the population. Hispanics as a whole are already a larger percentage than that and that will only increase in the future.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: OFFascist
I'm Mexican-American. I'm not voting for Obama.

I think alot of poorer Blacks in America whine too much and always want the government to help them. Instead they should be helping themselves and/or working with family members to help each other. IMO there is too much emotional baggage amongst them.

Im glad Im not the only hispanic who feels like this.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: uli2000

I think alot of poorer Blacks in America whine too much and always want the government to help them. Instead they should be helping themselves and/or working with family members to help each other. IMO there is too much emotional baggage amongst them.

You're not by a long shot.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Yes, and you are joined by 1/3 of your fellow Hispanics.
However, 2/3 apparently either don't feel or don't vote your way.
And thats what is going to make the Republicans a permanent minority unless they drastically change thier tune.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Yes, and you are joined by 1/3 of your fellow Hispanics.
However, 2/3 apparently either don't feel or don't vote your way.
And thats what is going to make the Republicans a permanent minority unless they drastically change thier tune.

Dems said the same thing in '92. 2 years later, it was bye-bye 40 years of House rule. The GOP is a pretty inept party these days, but I don't see the Dems hanging on to total power for more than 4 years or so. They'll overplay their hand soon enough.