Americas first black president to be a lame duck.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Perry404
Originally posted by: senseamp
Sure Powell made some mistakes but at least he is a man of Honesty, integrity and character.
He lied to get this country into war, even though he knew it was a mistake. He had neither honesty, integrity, nor character when it counted.

I dunno...I still have a great deal of respect for Colin Powell/ There is no doubt that he made some huge mistakes but I believe he himself was convinced of the lies by the CIA and the army of shrewd political analysts at the pentagon & Whitehouse. They did doctor the intel in a big way and they used Colin Powell because they knew that he was a person of character and he would be the best person to convince the international community.
I think when it came right down to it Powell had doubts but he knuckled down and followed orders like a good soldier. Was that a mistake? I think so but the entities within this government are cunning & powerful and not to be underestimated(and I'm not referring to Bush himself).
I cannot however bring myself to disrespect Powell.
I think Powell has done more for our nation than McCain ever did or will.
Would I vote for him today? probably not yet I'd rate him higher than the big three currently in the race.

I don't buy it. He was playing good soldier when he was no longer a soldier, he was a civilian. His loyalty should have been to America, not GWB. He used his reputation to sell us some BS justifications for a war. You don't get to use your reputation to sell people on a lie and retain it at the same time.
He is either a fool, a weakling, or a liar. Either way, I have no respect left for him.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk
There is plenty of money to begin the journey home immediately.
Start now and we could have them all home within a year.

Great, when does W give the order?

As soon as the congress fesses up to the fact that it neglected its duties and forces the presidents hand.

Has the president caved in once to any demand congress has made yet? He has instructed his staff to ignore congressional subpoenas. He has zero regard for FISA. He's vetoed bills passed with bi-partisan support. He's submitted for approval a SC Justice who was confirmed with the lowest number of votes ever, after first submitting his personal lawyer. He commutes the sentence of the first and only person in his administration of ghouls who has been charged, convicted and sentenced to anything.

W. Doesn't. Give. A. Flying. F.

All we'd be doing is possibly putting our troops in even more danger.

You absolutely cannot fight a war with no money. The troops are in danger period. They and thousands of Iraqis will continue to die every additional month we are there.
You see the trouble is if nothing changes nothing changes. If no one draws a line no lines will be drawn and the situation will continue to exacerbate as it has. There are no perfect answers only answers that will have the least awful repercussions.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
I'm going to see if I can photoshop Ron Paul into a black man.

I honestly don't believe he would mind one bit.
Actually I'd rather like to see that.:)

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Skin tones are some of the hardest things to pull off convincingly. I'll give it a whirl.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think pretty much everything I said in the OP can be said for our first woman president as well.
At any rate... it's too close to tell between Barack & Hillary and I believe their governments would look almost identical.
of course Obama would be the first to "officially" tax Americans and give our money to the rest of the world.

Wrong

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

Skin tones are some of the hardest things to pull off convincingly. I'll give it a whirl.

I understand. I actually spent a half hour this morning looking for a unique Ron Paul photo this morning to use on another comedic Ron Paul thread and couldn't find one. Maybe I'll use this.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Originally posted by: MonkeyK
Originally posted by: ranmaniac
All of the candidates are influenced and controlled by the elites, the question is which is the lesser evil?

Barrack Obama is backed by Zbigniew Brzenzski (former national security advisor to Jimmy Carter, co-founder of the Trilateral Commission) and George Soros. Brzenzski was the one who helped found the Afghan mujahideen, and help give rise to radical jihadist in Afghanistan and Pakistan (precursor to the Taliban). His daughter is a reporter for MSNBC (which explains the apparent bias toward Obama).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zbigniew_Brzezinski

Hillary Clinton is backed by the Bilderburg Group (elites who support a global government/new world order)

John McCain is backed by Henry Kissinger (the ultimate neocon)

Yes but who are The Bavarian Illuminati, The Discordian Society, The UFOs, The Servants of Cthulhu, The Bermuda Triangle, and The Gnomes of Zürich backing?

They're backing Scientology and Lord Xenu.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
All we'd be doing is possibly putting our troops in even more danger.

Being afraid to act means leaving them there to die.

Hopefully that'll be one good thing to come out of a President Obama. He will act where he and the Congress have since previously failed to.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
What a total and complete disappointment that Americas first black president is probably going to be a lame duck.
Why couldn't it have been Colin Powell? Sure Powell made some mistakes but at least he is a man of Honesty, integrity and character and admits his mistakes.
With Powell what you see is what you get. Barack Obama is a lawyer who knows very little about what's going on in the world and I doubt he has the strength of character or wisdom to stand up to and out think the forces that be in Washington.
The man is obviously in it to satisfy his ambition.
Barack Obama will continue the war and the dollar will continue to depreciate.
What a shame that what should be a wonderful occasion for America in its first true minority president will go down the tubes because Americans continue to elect the "good'ol American boys".

Powell lost his creditability with Bush and his role leading up to the Iraq war. Not to mention that Powell also felt that GOP support for any run of his would be hollow at best.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Drift3r
What a total and complete disappointment that Americas first black president is probably going to be a lame duck.
Why couldn't it have been Colin Powell? Sure Powell made some mistakes but at least he is a man of Honesty, integrity and character and admits his mistakes.
With Powell what you see is what you get. Barack Obama is a lawyer who knows very little about what's going on in the world and I doubt he has the strength of character or wisdom to stand up to and out think the forces that be in Washington.
The man is obviously in it to satisfy his ambition.
Barack Obama will continue the war and the dollar will continue to depreciate.
What a shame that what should be a wonderful occasion for America in its first true minority president will go down the tubes because Americans continue to elect the "good'ol American boys".

Powell lost his creditability with Bush and his role leading up to the Iraq war. Not to mention that Powell also felt that GOP support for any run of his would be hollow at best.

And rightfully so. It would have been hollow because the man never subscribed to the neo-con ideology.