Americans suck

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Terp

Banned
Jun 16, 2000
<<haha just kidding, your alright.>>

Nice grammar and writing skills :) I am sure you make your fellow countrymen proud!

When you figure out the difference between you're and your, let me know and I'll forward you a free copy of &quot;English for Dummies.&quot; :)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Muerto;

I see from your Canadian profile that your eMail address could be used to give you all kinds of grief by all the American a$$hole$ you're fond of provoking. ;) ;)

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
haven't you people ever seen the movie Strange Brew? all canadians are like that. what's with you up there? i don't trust you, you're up to something.

highme

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
Freaking Flapheads.

About the skiing. Grant it I wouldn't be looking for snow in Ontario in the summer, hell, from what I have heard I wouldn't be looking for snow in Ontario in the winter. Can you say FLAT (This is all hearsay, I haven't been there so I wouldn't know).

The folks from Washington should have known not to be looking in Victoria for snow. Now correct me if I am wrong, but aren't there chairlifts running in Blackcomb for most of the summer? I know that there are a few snowboard camps that are there.

And if I could talk the wife into it, and the Canuck Government would let us emmigrate, I would live in Vancouver in a second. My grandmother was born and raised there, and even served in the CWAC during WWII.

On the Strange Brew topic, I saw some Todd MacFarlane action figures of Bob &amp; Doug last week. Came complete with a couch, beer bottles, beer cans and a mouse for the beer bottle.

Muerto

Golden Member
Dec 26, 1999
Actually the eastern Canadian provinces get lots of snow during the winter. In Montreal they frequently mount tall flags on top of bus stops and at intersections so when you have 8 - 12 feet of snow you can still find them!!!

Here in BC on the other hand we rarely get snow, usually just a few inches if any, except in 1996 when we had an enormous blizzard. We had 4 - 6 feet of snow. But that's the only time that's ever happened here.

UG,

Yeah I know how my last name is spelt. ;);) (I've had people bug me about it before, and the &quot;ck&quot; is actually silent)

It's not that I hate Americans (I have American relatives). It's just that I get so frustrated when people who live only a few hundred miles south of us come across the border and act like they're on an alien planet. I've even had American tourists ask me what ten US dollars is in British pounds!!!!!!! I just don't understand how a country can know so little about its neighbours.

EDIT: To my knowledge there aren't any ski lifts going in Blackcomb during the summer, but I could be wrong.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
So right... the best way america can deal with canada is to bomb it and then take over