Americans still believe that Obama is a Muslim

SlingXShot

Jan 7, 2004
The new poll suggests white voters continue to be a challenge for Obama, with McCain leading the Democrat in that category 48 to 36 percent. Some of Obama's lag in white support may be explained by continual confusion over his religious identity. Twelve percent of voters surveyed said that Obama was sworn in as a United States senator on a Qur'an, while 26 percent believe the Democratic candidate was raised as a Muslim and 39 percent believe he attended an Islamic school as a child growing up in Indonesia. None of these things is true. Finally cracking the code with less-educated whites could have a big payoff for Obama: 85 percent of undecided voters are non-Hispanic whites and only 22 percent of those undecideds have a four-year college degree.

Newsweek New Poll

Just to point one thing (sworn with a bible):
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/im...ome.cheneyobama.gi.jpg

In addition from factcheck.org

This article, citing anonymous sources, claimed that "Mr. Obama, 45, spent at least four years in a so-called madrassa, or Muslim seminary, in Indonesia." But this allegation was quickly shown to be false. Days after the article appeared, CNN sent reporter John Vause to Jakarta, Indonesia, to visit the school. He reported:

CNN: I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan. ? I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that.

CNN interviewed the school's deputy headmaster, Hardi Priyono, who said: "This is a public school. We don't focus on religion."

http://www.factcheck.org/elect...008/sliming_obama.html

Misleading e-mail: From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
If there is a problem with democracy, this is it right here. Not that some people don't like Obama, or even the particular view these people hold. It's that the vote of someone who bases their decisions on completely wrong information and willful ignorance is counted EXACTLY equal to the vote of someone who is informed and intelligent in their judgement. This isn't a left vs right thing, I think smart, informed people who disagree is the very foundation of democracy. The problem is the people who make no attempt to be either, and still manage to stumble their way to the voting booth on election day.

Anyone ever wonder what kind of changes we'd see in our system if we instituted the most basic of political quizzes before allowing people to vote? Nothing too strenuous, but I don't think you're doing any favors hitting up the voting booth if the average 8th grade civics student knows politics better than you do.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't think that's a problem with Democracy. It's a problem with poor education and lazy Intellect.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
LOL. America.

LOL.

All we want is a headrush
All we want is to get out of our skin for a while
We have nothing to lose because we don't have anything
Anything we want anyway...
We used to hate people
Now we just make fun of them
It's more effective that way
We don't live
We just scratch on day to day
With nothing but matchbooks and sarcasm in our pockets
And all we are waiting for is for something worth waiting for
Let's admit America gets the celebrities we deserve
Let's stop saying "Don't quote me" because if no one quotes you
You probably haven't said a thing worth saying
We need something to kill the pain of all that nothing inside
We all just want to die a little bit
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have
We want to stop reading magazines
Stop watching T.V.
Stop caring about Hollywood
But we're addicted to the things we hate
We don't run Washington and no one really does
Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
The only reason you're still alive is because someone
Has decided to let you live
We owe so much money we're not broke we're broken
We're so poor we can't even pay attention
So what do you want?
You want to be famous and rich and happy
But you're terrified you have nothing to offer this world
Nothing to say and no way to say it
But you can say it in three languages
You are more than the sum of what you consume
Desire is not an occupation
You are alternately thrilled and desperate
Skyhigh and fucked
Let's stop praying for someone to save us and start saving ourselves
Let's stop this and start over
Let's go out - let's keep going
This is your life - this is your fucking life
We need something to kill the pain of all that nothing inside
Quit whining you haven't done anything wrong because frankly
You haven't done much of anything
Someone's writing down your mistakes
Someone's documenting your downfall

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
isn't he? murtad fitri and all that.

edit: also, you're habitually terribad about putting commentary in your paid posts ;)

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski
I don't think that's a problem with Democracy. It's a problem with poor education and lazy Intellect.

That's true, but fundamentally democracy has to be a system designed for the real world. If it only works correctly in a world of well educated and intellectually curious people, I'd argue that that's a flaw.

AnnonUSA

Nov 18, 2007
So what? Jews have been voting for Christians for years. Even if he was a devout practicing Muslim what is he gonna do first day on the Job? Gimme a break.

DonaldC

Nov 18, 2001
I thought we were free to believe as we wish. IMHO there are many crazy things people believe. Just read P&N. I shake my head in wonder at some of the things posted. This big diverse country has room for us all.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
Here is a chain email my crazy grandmother sent me, she thinks obama is the anitchrist....

If you don't read anything else, read the last statement Obama made.

Think you know who this man is?
This possible President of the United States !! Read Below and
ask yourselves, is this REALLY someone we can see as the
President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

* If you have never forwarded an e-mail, now is the time to Do so!!!! We CANNOT have someone with this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!! I don't care whether you a Democrat or a Conservative. We CANNOT turn ourselves over to this type of character in a President. PLEASE help spread the word.

And here is the antichrist one.

A trivia question in Sunday School: How long is the beast allowed to

have authority in Revelations?? Guess the answer? Revelation Chapter

13 tells us that it is 42 months, and you know what that is.

Almost a four year term to Presidency. Lord have mercy on us!

According to the book of Revelations the anti-Christ is:

The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of Muslim descent, who

will deceive the nations with his persuasive language, and have a

Massive Christ-like appeal... the prophecy says that people will flock

to him, and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is

in power, will destroy everything.

Is it Obama????

MAY WE ALL PRAY FOR WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT AND PRAY FOR EACH OTHER
AS WE MAKE THIS DECISION OF A LIFETIME! OUR LIVES, CHILDREN AND
GRANDCHILDREN'S LIVES WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER BECAUSE OF OUR CHOICE THIS
ELECTION. MAY GOD BE WITH US ALL!

God help us if this man is elected!! But it is all stated
in the Bible and it will happen sooner or later.

This is from Darlene Millican, wife of the pastor
of Trinity Bapt. Church here in Sun City .

I have felt for sometime now that Obama is the
o ne p erson that 'Fright ens Me'. I believe the Bible has
warned us that 'A man will come from the East that will be
charismatic in nature and have proposed solutions for all our
problems and his rhetoric will attract many supporters!'

When will our pathetic Nation q uit t urning their back on God and understand that
this man is 'A Muslim'....First, Last and always....and we are AT WAR with
the Muslim Nation, whether our bleeding-heart, secular,
Liberal friends believe it or not. This man fits every description from the Bible
of the 'Anti-Christ'!

I'm just glad to know that there are others that are frightened by this man !

Who is Barack Ob ama?

Very interesting and something that should be
considered in your choice.

If you do not ever f orward anything else, please
forward thi s to all your contacts...this is very scary to
think of wh at lies ahead of us here in our own United
States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

snopes.com
http://snopes.com' confirms this
is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack
Hussein Obam a was born in Honolulu ,
Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM
from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from
Wichita , Kansas

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii
When Obama was two years old, his parents
divorced. His father returned to Kenya .
His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL
Muslim from Indonesia . When Obama was 6 years
old, the family relocate to Indonesia . Obama attended
a MUSLIM school in Jakarta . He also spent two
years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that
he is a Muslim . He is quick to point out that, 'He was once
a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'

Obama's political handlers are attempting to
make it appear that that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was
temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to
Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct i n fluence over his
son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his
stepson to Islam. Obama
was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta < U> .

Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists
who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically
expedie nt t o be a CHRIS TIAN when seeking major
public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has
joined the United church of Christ in an attempt to downplay
his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was
sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.
Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any
reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama< SPAN style='FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black'>
turns his back to the flag and slouches. Do you want someone like this as your PRESIDENT?

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what
better way to start than a t the highest level - through the
President of the United States, one of their own! The
Bible says 'He will come from among you!'

Please forward to everyone you know.

Would you want this man leading our country?

NOT ME!!!

WITHO UT GOD, WE ARE NOTHING!!!

IN GOD WE TRUST

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
So 12%-39% of American voters are woefully ignorant and completely uninformed? Color me surprised.

'splains a good number of the posts here.:laugh:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
So 12%-39% of American voters are woefully ignorant and completely uninformed? Color me surprised.

Sad but true. Just look at the checkouts next time you're at the supermarket. Those tabloids aren't there taking up huge amounts of rack space because they don't sell.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Oceandevi: reply back and ask your crazy grandmother why she's never bothered to actually read that book in her hands after all these years.

Wow...

No, seriously, reply back and ask her how the Book of Revelation could have predicted that the Antichrist would be of Muslim descent when it was written more than 500 years before Muhammad was born.
And no, it's not because it was prophetic... the word 'Antichrist' never appears in the Book of Revelation.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: sandorski

The problems with poor education and lazy intellect are always a problem with democracy.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Oceandevi

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Did he really write this in his book? Anyone know?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: M0RPH

Did you read the post with the full quote?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

No. :roll:

The context in the book is Obama talking with legal immigrants in America from the ME and Pakistan who, in the aftermath of 9/11, were concerned that they might have their citizenship revoked or be interned like Japanese Americans were during WWII. He decries such unconstitutional practices and says, "I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." Meaning that he would oppose such illegal actions against legal citizens on the basis of religion or old country.

The intentional misrepresentation of this passage, taken in full context, shows the full hatred that today's 'conservatives' have for the constitution, in favor of nationalism and authoritarianism. A quick google shows that those spreading this around are the same lying pricks who claim that granting halal food rites similar status with the FDA as kosher represents the "Islamofication" of America. The fascists are back, ugly as ever.

Oct 16, 1999

Yes but it's paraphrased and way out of context. He's basically saying he doesn't want to see what happened to Japanese Americans in WWII happen to Arab Americans.

http://righttruth.typepad.com/...2/i-will-stand-wi.html

The actual quote from the book is from page 261 and is as follows: "Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Kee-rist! The conversation turns to lazy intellects, and whaddya know, one pops right up!

The full quote from the book, in context, is in the OP!