Americans happy with life

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
I'm tired of looking (It's not in my vision)
I'm tired of seeing (Don't wanna see this)
I'm tired of hearing (Don't tell me your sh1t)
I'm tired of being (So why am I here?)
I'm tired of life (And all of its jokes)
Imaginary lines (To fool the fools)
Imaginary rules (To live your life by)
And all the worlds' fools
Life is so easy when you're told what to do
Where to work and how to be you
But the jokes wears off and you're still laughing
Caught in your own trap and you're all happy
Too stupid to know it (Just try use your head)
Too stupid to care (You've all been fooled)
Just one voice screaming (???)
Just one in a million (A little speck of flesh)
Who's gonna hear it (Scream till you die)
Who's gonna know it (Your conscience your mind)
Who even cares (No one but yourself)
It's hopeless (You're hopeless)
because of the process, because of the system,
because you're still laughing, because you don't listen,

-TSOL

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
Something makes me believe this forum has more than the real-world share of the 26% who are not happy.
you gotta weight the results here just like the pollsters do. For ATP&N, multiply conservatives by 3, liberals by 1, to get a cross section of the US. ;)

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Here is a :cookie: for you and one for :cookie: the op for making one of the lamest threads I have seen.
His "Welcome to glorious Iraq Land of Happiness" tourism posts were better.
Too bad he ran out of sugar to sweeten THAT kool aid

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: steeplerot
Here is a :cookie: for you and one for :cookie: the op for making one of the lamest threads I have seen.
His "Welcome to glorious Iraq Land of Happiness" tourism posts were better.
Too bad he ran out of sugar to sweeten THAT kool aid

It's a fuggin poll you troll. Obviously you are not one of the happy people.:)

CsG

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Life is good....

(except for some self-loathing existence-hating types -ahem- that aren't happy unless they're unhappy)

gutharius

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
All of the figures are increases from last year's poll results by as much as six points.

:thumbsup: I'm happy with life too. How about you?

CsG

As the presidential election taught us, polls are just that polls, totally meaningless and more often than not wrong. Just because 1016 people across the US were sampled does not mean a majority of people are happy with the way things are.

If you still are so inclined to believe this malarky read what CsG forgot to mention about this poll:

http://www.harrisinteractive.c...poll/index.asp?PID=518

The biggest declines since 1998 are in those who feel good about:
The nation?s economy, down from 64 percent in 1998 (and 68 percent in 1999 and 2000) to 43 percent now.
Your job if you have one, down from 67 percent to 60 percent now.
Your standard of living, down from 90 percent to 85 percent.
Your financial security for the future, down from 67 percent to 62 percent.

Sorry to dampen the mood folks, I am a realist and I don't like Flag waving feel good fairies who tell me everything is great when I clearly see it is not.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Nigeria was the happiest country, followed by Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador and Puerto Rico.

WTF are they all coming here for then we rank only 16th happy?:D

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: gutharius
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
All of the figures are increases from last year's poll results by as much as six points.

:thumbsup: I'm happy with life too. How about you?

CsG

As the presidential election taught us, polls are just that polls, totally meaningless and more often than not wrong. Just because 1016 people across the US were sampled does not mean a majority of people are happy with the way things are.

If you still are so inclined to believe this malarky read what CsG forgot to mention about this poll:

http://www.harrisinteractive.c...poll/index.asp?PID=518

The biggest declines since 1998 are in those who feel good about:
The nation?s economy, down from 64 percent in 1998 (and 68 percent in 1999 and 2000) to 43 percent now.
Your job if you have one, down from 67 percent to 60 percent now.
Your standard of living, down from 90 percent to 85 percent.
Your financial security for the future, down from 67 percent to 62 percent.

Sorry to dampen the mood folks, I am a realist and I don't like Flag waving feel good fairies who tell me everything is great when I clearly see it is not.

Attitude is 99% of reality.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Anyone who is HAPPY with modern life, is blind, or just dumb. Everything we do is unnatural. You are nothing more than an ape with an oddly large brain, not some toy of a god. We deny ourselves what was once very meaningful lives, with politics, money, cars, computers, video games, industry, etc.

A return to animism is prolly the only thing that would make humanity happy again.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
"Anyone who is HAPPY with modern life, is blind, or just dumb. Everything we do is unnatural. You are nothing more than an ape with an oddly large brain, not some toy of a god. We deny ourselves what was once very meaningful lives, with politics, money, cars, computers, video games, industry, etc.

A return to animism is prolly the only thing that would make humanity happy again."

--------------

Yeah... I yearn for the days when people lived hand to mouth, nasty, brutish, and short lives. Surrendering myself to nature would definately make me happy.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: cwjerome
"Anyone who is HAPPY with modern life, is blind, or just dumb. Everything we do is unnatural. You are nothing more than an ape with an oddly large brain, not some toy of a god. We deny ourselves what was once very meaningful lives, with politics, money, cars, computers, video games, industry, etc.

A return to animism is prolly the only thing that would make humanity happy again."

--------------

Yeah... I yearn for the days when people lived hand to mouth, nasty, brutish, and short lives. Surrendering myself to nature would definately make me happy.

Hehe, you know what he sounds like... a conservative, yearning for the good old days. :D

Honestly, meaningful lives? I guess if meaningful means dying of TB in your childhood or starving to death in the winter is meaningful, then have at it. Nobody is stopping you from moving to the woods.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I don't know I could have gone in for that viking lifestyle. Sailing, raping, pilaging, drinking.... who cares if you die at 40 you *LIVED*:p

Viking joke: You know why the scotts all wear kilts? They did'nt want to miss out on the Viking raiding parties.

<<< civilized viking:(

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: AntiEverything

--------------

Hehe, you know what he sounds like... a conservative, yearning for the good old days. :D

Honestly, meaningful lives? I guess if meaningful means dying of TB in your childhood or starving to death in the winter is meaningful, then have at it. Nobody is stopping you from moving to the woods.

Mother nature is a bitch, but at least we'd be doing things we are programmed to do. Not conjuring up BS to fill the holes. Alot of my people lived long lives, into the 70s which admittedly was rare. Length of life is an artifical concept, and quality is an abstract issue. A long life slaving for a wage until you are into your 6th or 7th decade doesn't sound like much of a life to me.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

People in the early agrarian era worked less on the average day than they do now. You have a lot of free time waiting for crops to grow.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

People in the early agrarian era worked less on the average day than they do now. You have a lot of free time waiting for crops to grow.

Vikings did'nt work at all. Just took from weak europeans.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Zebo

Vikings did'nt work at all. Just took from weak europeans.

im not sure how vikings are early agrarian, but ok.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Mike you are right, we have constructed one of the most laborious lifestyles man has ever known in his tens of thousands of years (at least).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I can guarantee you that each of you hates himself as if he were the worst person in the world. I can guarantee you that you haven't the faintest idea that I'm right. I can also guarantee you that that worst in the world feeling you have and do not know you have is a total lie. I can guarantee that these words will pass out of your consciousness and due consideration like quicksilver through your fingers.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

Technology has its benefits and its drawbacks. We as a society have embraced technology for good or for ill. There are ways to make that decision for yourself if you don't like it - become Amish, et cetera. To each his own.

As for 'going back to nature' and 'doing what we're programmed to do,' humans are programmed to use logic. This tends to cause advancement and a general move away from living as animals. Too many people want to use everything that comes with technology but then use their animal nature as an excuse for their behavior. You can't have it both ways. (last paragraph not directed towards you mike. :p)