Americans are unfaithful

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
Seems the best way to lose followers is to have them hardcore in their youth heh. Seems to apply mostly to Catholics I've talked to.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
raised presbyterian, now atheist, although i am leaning toward agnostic because i have no proof of my side either.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
we need more jesus in this country.

I disagree. I think this country would benefit greatly from LESS Jesus.

<-- Was baptized Catholic, but have long since rejected the religion. I consider myself Agnostic.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
we need more jesus in this country.

I disagree. I think this country would benefit greatly from LESS Jesus.

<-- Was baptized Catholic, but have long since rejected the religion. I consider myself Agnostic.

I think that religion, in and of itself is not a bad thing. Religion brings a lot of peace to people who otherwise would not have peace - it is something to hold on to when there is nothing else to hold on to.

Thinking that your religion is the one and only correct religion, that everyone should join your religion (or be forced to follow its rules) and that anyone who is not your religion is a lesser being are the biggest problems with religion.

MotionMan

zach0624

Jul 13, 2007
I was sorta raisd lutheran, sorta nondenominational. My family was more concerned with our relationship to god than with the church. So when I was 6 we stopped going to church because of the pastor not doing what he was preaching but kept practicing by ourselves