Discussion Americans are flooding into Mexico City

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
To me, it's funny that the Mexican people are complaining about Americans "invading" their country when they've been doing the same thing to the USA forever.
I'm guessing the people complaining in Mexico City aren't the same as the ones crossing into the US.

Reactions: feralkid

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Unless you are talking about Bidens borderless America.

Why then, during the couple of times in recent years, when the Republicans held majorities in both House and Senate, and the Presidency, didn't they fix the border problem they complain about?

Oh wait...they don't actually want to stop illegal immigration...their ag supporter base NEEDS their illegal farm labor.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Why then, during the couple of times in recent years, when the Republicans held majorities in both House and Senate, and the Presidency, didn't they fix the border problem they complain about?

Oh wait...they don't actually want to stop illegal immigration...their ag supporter base NEEDS their illegal farm labor.

Didnt the last president do a lot to stop the absolute nonsense that had been going on? Programs like "Remain in Mexico", etc? He also stopped the absurdity of "catch and release" policies so highly favored by democrats and taken to the extreme by Biden.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm guessing the people complaining in Mexico City aren't the same as the ones crossing into the US.

Considering the cost of homes in the US, the only affordable place left to live is....Mexico.

Thanks Biden!

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
And you wonder why people consider you a dishonest person?

To be fair, could you expound upon this a tad? There is no disagreeing that US RE is very overpriced historically speaking at the moment.

And Mexican RE happens to be much more reasonably priced (with the caveat you accept some corruption). There are stories of people who made million dollar investments in ranches, etc, only to have them confiscated by cartels. Of course if you are just looking for an average place to stay you likely wont encounter that, just shady cops.

And then we have Bidenflation which makes matters worse in the US.

So TBH, I dont see a reason to disagree.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
To be fair, could you expound upon this a tad? There is no disagreeing that US RE is very overpriced historically speaking at the moment.

And Mexican RE happens to be much more reasonably priced (with the caveat you accept some corruption). There are stories of people who made million dollar investments in ranches, etc, only to have them confiscated by cartels. Of course if you are just looking for an average place to stay you likely wont encounter that, just shady cops.

And then we have Bidenflation which makes matters worse in the US.

So TBH, I dont see a reason to disagree.
I won’t there have been threads here about the real estate market. I believe you have even participated in them.

As for inflation it is happening world wide so throwing it on biden is again you being dishonest.