American smokers

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
I used to live in Tampa and worked with a guy that knew a guy that would import Cuban cigars. I used to buy single cigars from him all the time for about $10-$20/each.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Originally posted by: altonb1
I used to live in Tampa and worked with a guy that knew a guy that would import Cuban cigars. I used to buy single cigars from him all the time for about $10-$20/each.

One of my Japanese friends went to Cuba for Christmas break and brought some Montecristos back. I'm by no means a connoisseur/expert, but these were by far the best tobacco I've ever smoked. I think he said he paid about $8 for a box of 5. They were extremely smooth but full, and flowed real easily. They also didn't get near as hot as it got near the end. We ended up smoking the last of it with roach clips. :p

PHiuR

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: E equals MC2
No and I have no desire to.

I'd rather drink a nice glass of scotch.

if you're having a nice glass of scotch, than a nice cigar would pair perfectly.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Yes, and while I'm not a cigar afficianado or anything, I wasn't impressed. I have maybe ~3 cigars a year, so my opinion might be a little worthless. It was very "clean" in terms of not leaving a shitty taste in my mouth, but didn't do anything for me any more than a decent $10+ cigar sold in the 'States would.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Yep...one of the first things i purchased when i was in Dublin (overseas for the first time in my life).

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I used to sell Cuban Cigars here in Ontario. MonteCristo, Romeo y Julieta and Cohiba were our most popular brands.

You would not believe how much a box of Cohibas goes for here.

OUCaptain

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007

Smoked one WITH a nice glass of scotch. Pure relaxation IMHO

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Originally posted by: OUCaptain

Smoked one WITH a nice glass of scotch. Pure relaxation IMHO

Just had a Sancho Panza and Stoli. :cool:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Yes but since I really don't care much for cigars I'm afraid they were lost on me.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You betcha...lots of them in my life...I'd almost be willing to try to smuggle them across the border if I had the chance...

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: BoomerD
You betcha...lots of them in my life...I'd almost be willing to try to smuggle them across the border if I had the chance...

:thumbsup:

Cohibas from Mexico...ahem...i heard some people have transported them...not that i'd know or anything.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
I used to sell Cuban Cigars here in Ontario. MonteCristo, Romeo y Julieta and Cohiba were our most popular brands.

You would not believe how much a box of Cohibas goes for here.

I went to Niagara Falls about a year and a half ago and planned to buy some cuban cigars while there--then I saw the price. I don't know if all of Canda is that expensive or not, but I decided I didn't want a cuban cigar THAT much.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Nope, never smoked a cigar. I smoke cigs though. I think I may have had some of one of those cheap little cigars, basically they look like cigs but they're brown? But yeah, that's it.