american remakes of foriegn movies?

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i used to be in the "all remakes are bad" camp, but it seems like hollywood has been doing ok with some remakes in the last few years, notably vanilla sky, solaris, and insomnia. all of those movies were equally as good as their foriegn counterparts, IMO.

what you say? (move all zig) remakes, yay or nay?

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i used to be in the "all remakes are bad" camp, but it seems like hollywood has been doing ok with some remakes in the last few years, notably vanilla sky, solaris, and insomnia. all of those movies were equally as good as their foriegn counterparts, IMO.

what you say? (move all zig) remakes, yay or nay?

I agree with you on those three movies. They were good, but no match for their counterparts imo. I'd rather live without those 3 than have all of those crappy remakes!

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
Hollywood is going to remake alot of Korean movies:

Yupki Jukin Guh Nyuh
Jopok Manura

etc.

machintos

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2003
I think it's okay to remake films.
True, the original is better, but without the american version, I never would've known about vanilla sky, ring, or the grudge and never would've thought about watching any of these movies.

dbzwukan

Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: machintos
True, the original is better, but without the american version, I never would've known about vanilla sky, ring, or the grudge and never would've thought about watching any of these movies.

seems like japanese people can make good horror flicks.

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: zaku
Originally posted by: Howard
I'm quite curious about how they're going to work Infernal Affairs.

me too.

bah they probably gonna change the ending and put a stupid actor to play like Ben Aflack

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: dbzwukan
Originally posted by: machintos

seems like japanese people can make good horror flicks.

Yup.. the original ring and ju on(the grudge) are scarier.

neilm

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2002
NAY. Be original and make something new... especially these cartoon ones that have recently been released, scooby doo, garfield... they are ruinin our childhood idols with the crap they are makin now.

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Quasmo
we need a remake of Battle Royale!!!

Haha.. what will the movie rating be? I don't think the movie will even pass the censorship

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Depends on the movie, and how well-done the remake is. Being foreign doesn't make a movie good, being good makes a movie good.

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: mugs
Depends on the movie, and how well-done the remake is. Being foreign doesn't make a movie good, being good makes a movie good.

Being remake by Hollywood makes the movie less good