American Ninja Warrior finals (SPOILERS!)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Too bad they don't do it hardcore Japanese style with all 4 sections on the same day.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Actually was hoping the Britten guy would win. Caldiero won but Britten is officially the first American Ninja Warrior since he was the first complete all 4 stages.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Actually was hoping the Britten guy would win. Caldiero won but Britten is officially the first American Ninja Warrior since he was the first complete all 4 stages.
ummm no Britten didn`t win!!! but in the season seven finale, both Geoff Britten and Isaac Caldiero finished the seemingly impossible course. Britten completed Stage 4 first, but Caldiero subsequently beat his time by 3.6 seconds, enabling him to win the challenge and the $1 million grand prize — meaning that Britten went home empty-handed.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Thanks for the spoiler alert...fuck!

Been following it all season long and now you ruined it for me

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Caldiero won but Britten is officially the first American Ninja Warrior since he was the first complete all 4 stages.
So a random choice of who goes first decided it, in your mind?
Wrong.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
rope climb for final stage? that's middle school P.E.

Go try it now.

It was a heck of a lot easier when your body weighed next to nothing. Most of us could do it easily as kids.
Most of us cannot do it at all as adults. Our upper body strength to mass ratio (average adult) is significantly less than it is as children.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I was going to watch the tape of the last 2 hours this morning. Still will, but I did not want to know if anybody won it. Should have closed this window earlier.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I love this show. I started watching it assuming it was some sort of cheesy Wipeout clone - which it kind of is - but the Ninja Warrior people are legit athletes. This is what all reality tv should be.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
So a random choice of who goes first decided it, in your mind?
Wrong.

Besides, he was the first through Stage 3, which was the real challenge. The rope climb at that point was simply climbing a rope for time. It was no longer really an obstacle course.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I love this show. I started watching it assuming it was some sort of cheesy Wipeout clone - which it kind of is - but the Ninja Warrior people are legit athletes. This is what all reality tv should be.

I have never watched the American show, but I had loved watching the Japanese show. The first stage is often ridiculous and is exactly like, like Wipeout, where you get ridiculous people and it's all fun and games except for those who seriously think they have a chance.

After that it's just a show of sheer skill and domination, and it's absolutely fun to watch.

My palms got all schweaty watching Caldiero's Stage 3 performance. lol

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Was an intense finale. That rope climb is no joke. We had to do one in the spartan race but that thing is only 16 ft high. Caldiero had the cleaner technique with his legs. I wonder if he could have cut his time down with the crossfit style rope climb technique.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
damnit. i forgot it was on! The kids and I love this show. My daughter loves that it was has a bunch of gymnast (male and female) that do well.

My son just thinks its neat when they fall.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Kinda interesting that the ideal body type for these courses seem to be 5'8" to 5'10" at no more than 165lbs. Seems like any heavier will be too much for all the arm sections, and any shorter height or wingspan makes the some of the transitions in some sections too far. Being too tall probably increases the weight too much and puts too much stress on the arms.

When I used to watch the Japanese version on Spike I always thought a skilled rock climber would dominate the 2nd through 4th stages. I wonder if this is a case of this kind of competition is still relatively new so not many good rock climbers competed. Now that there is a million dollars on the line, we'll probably see more high level rock climbers in this. Its too bad the second place guy didnt walk away with anything. It should have been like $100k for completing all four stages. I haven't watched the Japanese version in awhile, but I thought just finishing was considered a victory.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
When I used to watch the Japanese version on Spike I always thought a skilled rock climber would dominate the 2nd through 4th stages. I wonder if this is a case of this kind of competition is still relatively new so not many good rock climbers competed. Now that there is a million dollars on the line, we'll probably see more high level rock climbers in this. .

Lots of rock climbers. LOTS.

Evidently the best female rock climber alive (however that's measured) competed.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Lots of rock climbers. LOTS.

Evidently the best female rock climber alive (however that's measured) competed.

World class or champion climbers? I know Europe had some champion climbers in the USA vs the World event, and they won too. I'm not sure who the best female climber is you are referring to, but I would think it would be tough for a woman to finish this course. If you removed the time limit they could probably do it, but then so could many more of the male competitors.

But now there is significant prize money involved, I would think more champion class climbers would compete.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
World class or champion climbers? I know Europe had some champion climbers in the USA vs the World event, and they won too. I'm not sure who the best female climber is you are referring to, but I would think it would be tough for a woman to finish this course. If you removed the time limit they could probably do it, but then so could many more of the male competitors.

But now there is significant prize money involved, I would think more champion class climbers would compete.

This chick:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vP5L6BJ7wHw