American Iraqis' in Dearborn, Michigan celebrate in the streets...

KDOG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thats a good sight. makes me feel like we really did do the right thing....

dnoyeb

Nov 7, 2001
Really. I know the new we get is so biased. I feel better when people that know more of the truth feel good about the action. (though they can be biased as well)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: dnoyeb
Really. I know the new we get is so biased. I feel better when people that know more of the truth feel good about the action. (though they can be biased as well)

Nobody's opinion is more relevant than that of the Iraqi people.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I really cannot see how you cannot be against this liberation after seeing Dearborn and Baghdad celebrate in the streets waving Old Iraqi (pre-Saddam) flags right along with the Stars and Stripes... I think their opinion is worth more than any non Iraqi like you and me.

I especially like the Iraqi-American who thanked the soldiers that paid the ultimate price for his homeland's freedom.

Wonder how stupid France feels right now... ;)

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: EXman
I really cannot see how you cannot be against this liberation after seeing Dearborn and Baghdad celebrate in the streets waving Old Iraqi (pre-Saddam) flags right along with the Stars and Stripes... I think their opinion is worth more than any non Iraqi like you and me.

I especially like the Iraqi-American who thanked the soldiers that paid the ultimate price for his homeland's freedom.

defeated...as usual.

RyanM

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
Woohoo! Michigan is on FoxNews! lol

Jeeez....I go to bed, wake up, and Baghdad is liberated. I picked the wrong time to sleep.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Dearborn has one of the biggest populations of middle eastern citizens than almost anywhere outside of the middle east.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001

They feel like this is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the situation in Iraq and capitolize on it despite the fact that it was American, British and Iraqi lives that paved the way to our current situation.

It makes me sick.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7

defeated...as usual.
You are on a roll today:)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
It's a damn good day...
yep...that's something I can agree with. I'm just worried that when the Iraqi regime loses all hope and credibility they may turn to desperate measure before committing suicide...someone might still have a finger on a trigger for nerve gas or something horrible that could devastate Baghdad or another city. I just hope that if there is someone sick enough to do that, there's someone under him smart enough to take him out first then wave a white flag.

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
I remember many Iraqi-Americans said before the war that while they wanted Saddam gone they didn't support war because of the potential civilian casualties. It would be interesting to hear whether the far lower than expected body count (remember those pre-war predictions of 500,000 dead? LOL) has led any of them to change their minds, or whether they harbor animosity towards the U.S. for initiating this war.

defeated...as usual.
LMAO :D So harsh...yet so true.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: KDOG
Thats a good sight. makes me feel like we really did do the right thing....

Yep, it was nice seeing them wave those huge American flags while cheering. :)