American Comics

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005
Hey guys, a friend of mine in England, has been getting into American comics. He's been enjoying George Carlin and Lewis Black. Black throws enough in there to get it, and he's freakin hilarious he says. He has steered clear of comics that are more political, since as he told me, he doesn't get it syndrome. He said he hasn't touched much since Bill Hicks passed away.

So, any good comics you guys could recommend? I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: StevenYoo
Jim Gaffigan

Steven Wright

the late Mitch Hedberg

I saw a new (to me anyway) Steven Wright performance on TV recently.
I REALLY wonder how that guy comes up with his stuff. I'm thinking it involves lots of drugs, but I find him very funny.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Mitch Hedberg and Robert Schimmel are tops. Bill Hicks and Schimmel have almost killed me when I tried to listen while driving. I've had to pull over because of both of them!

Patton Oswald is a little political, but he's really funny, same with David Cross.

Many fanboys are going to say Dane Cook, who is funny, but not nearly as good as everyone seems to think he is. Definately worth a listen tho.

Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are good. Jim Norton and Nick Dipaolo are quite funny! Hostile, but funny!

American classics are Dice, Sam Kinison, Eddie Murphy and Steven Wright.

As you can tell, I love comedy. I think I spent more on comedy last year than I did music... :)

Feel free to ask for album recommendations! :D

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
BTW, I'd love to hear some recommendations on British comics, as I've tapped the US already!

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005
Originally posted by: DefDC
BTW, I'd love to hear some recommendations on British comics, as I've tapped the US already!

I shall ask my friend, this guy has a great sense of humor, he's funnier en hell. I am sure he would have some recommendations, I'll let you know! :)

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003

Eddie Izzard.

/thread

I sampled some Izzard a while back, but didn't get into it... Any recommendations on his best album?

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001

Eddie Izzard.

/thread

I sampled some Izzard a while back, but didn't get into it... Any recommendations on his best album?

definitely Dressed to Kill

*edit* though, it's better to watch him than listen to him

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003

Eddie Izzard.

/thread

definitely Dressed to Kill

*edit* though, it's better to watch him than listen to him

Great! I'll check it out! Thanks!

Edit: Ahhh! Nextflixed and on it's way! :)